5.0b Beta 1 (5.0.2.0441) available

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 80
LogosEmployee
Seth Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 10:16 AM

Chad M. Foster:

Sometimes it just takes awhile for the checkboxes to actually show up.  I was getting the section in the information window but I just had to be patient and wait for it to appear. 

The reason they take a while to show up, is because the resource metadata needs to be downloaded so that the system knows whether a given resource is able to be mobile download manageable. Once the metadata has been downloaded then the system will show the check-boxes for books able to be mobile downloaded.

The check-boxes shouldn't appear if you have no mobile devices, you are offline, or if the book isn't mobile downloadable which is what the system assumes if the metadata hasn't finished downloading yet.

Regards,

Seth Copeland
Logos SW Development 

Posts 95
Chad M. Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:05 AM

Thanks for the explanation.  Once I did the first download on mobile I have been fine with it.  Great addition to the program!

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 1:27 PM

Terry Poperszky:
Ok, I added the column, and it shows which devices have which books, but when I try to sort by the devices column, Logos crashes. I need to enable logging and submit the logs.

I was able to reproduce this issue on Mac. I have reported this to Development.

Posts 16737
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 3:52 PM

You can filter resources on a device with device:  e.g. enter

device:samsung

device:GT-I900

in the Library Find box.

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 16156
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 4:00 PM

Dave Hooton:
You can filter resources on a device with device:  e.g. enter

Now THAT is a good feature. Yes

Thanks Dave for pointing it out. Smile

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 805
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 7:13 PM

The "Device" column doesn't distinguish which app (Vyrso, Logos, FSB) a title is downloaded to on that device.  For example, a title downloaded to the Logos app on the iPhone and a title downloaded to the Vyrso app on the same iPhone are both indicated as "iPhone".

Is there a plan to have such app-level distinction in the future?

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 6679
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 13 2012 8:42 PM

I guess I am still not getting the devices column. It shows the few resources I have downloaded to my iPad, but no check boxes or way to add or delete a resource from that device.

Logos has been open for some time. Initially it took awhile for the devices column to show anything. Should it be showing me more?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 16156
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 4:27 AM

Mark Smith:
Logos has been open for some time. Initially it took awhile for the devices column to show anything. Should it be showing me more?

What is it showing? Have you restarted the app? From Seth's comments, it sounds like it might take a while for all the meta data to download.

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 5261
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:08 AM

Mark Smith:

Just a quick screenshot to show how it should look (I suppose). Those resources which I downloaded locally to my device show Amazon KFOT (which Logos put there and may mean Amazon Kindle Fire Old Technology?). All resources show the "Download to..." section, where I can see from the checkboxes which app on the device has this resource locally - if any.

running Logos 5.3 Beta 2 (Verbum Master+, Lutheran Silver) on Acer Extensa 5230E with 4GB RAM & 250GB SSD - Win7 Home 32bit & Android apps on Kindle Fire

Posts 805
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:36 AM

Ah, I didn't see the checkboxes on the right -- those are at the App-level.  I'll check that out this weekend.

Thanks!

Peter

Posts 6679
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:43 AM

NB.Mick:
Just a quick screenshot to show how it should look (I suppose).

Thanks, NB. That cleared things up.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 338
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:12 PM

How do I get the device column to stay? Once I close Logos 5, when I reopen and go to the Library the device column itself is unchecked and unshown.

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 7 64-bit; Logos 5.2a SR-1 (5.2.1.0081)

Posts 6679
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:20 PM

Fred Greco:
How do I get the device column to stay? Once I close Logos 5, when I reopen and go to the Library the device column itself is unchecked and unshown.

I noticed the same behavior, so it must be a bug (rather than a design feature).

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 338
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:22 PM

Also, what does "Update active" do in the layouts? The keyboard shortcut is shared with another program I have, and I see no button to click, nor way to change the shortcut, so I can't even test it.

Fred Greco

Posts 338
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:30 PM

where on earth do I find this?

Synchronization

• Implemented sync for History panel.

Fred Greco

Posts 16737
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 15 2012 11:31 PM

Fred Greco:

where on earth do I find this?

Synchronization

• Implemented sync for History panel.

Tools > History is the panel. Sync has been implemented for this for some reason.

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 8461
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 16 2012 4:25 AM

Fred Greco:
Also, what does "Update active" do in the layouts?

Will update the layout with the check on the left to the current snapshot

Note that the second snapshot has changed to the name of the active layout, and is identical to the Now snapshot at the top of the list.

Fred Greco:
The keyboard shortcut is shared with another program I have, and I see no button to click, nor way to change the shortcut, so I can't even test it.

Can't help you there, as this appears to be a Windows shortcut. Cmd-Opt-L in L5.0b Beta 1 Mac does not appear to do anything.

Posts 767
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2012 4:27 AM

Looks like these are some nice additions that users have been asking for.  Good job L5 team!

Posts 8461
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2012 3:39 PM

Jack Caviness:
Cmd-Opt-L in L5.0b Beta 1 Mac does not appear to do anything.

However Control-Opt-L updates the active layout.

Posts 498
John Fugh, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:04 PM

I have outdated devices on the library list.  Is it possible to delete the devices that I don't use/own any longer?

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS