Pre-Pubs -- Existing CD orders and L4 Download Requirements

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 46
Dale Durnell, Retired UM Clergy | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 2 2009 8:15 PM
Good Evening --
     I've noticed that new prepubs for Logos resources say to order the CD if we're using L3, and the download if we're using L4. That's fine -- I can make sure that any future orders are all downloads for my L4 system. BUT, what about the existing orders?
I don't mind having the CD's (but if the wave of the future is a download only system, I guess it's time to make that move). And, if I get a CD, I've got to install it on L3, then sync the licenses, and then go back on the same machine and wait for L4 to recognize that it needs to download what's already been installed for the other system.
    Right now, I've still got lots of resources on prepubs that I'd ordered on CDs and I'd rather not have to manually reorder them via Download, and then go back in and delete all the CD orders. Is there some way the fine folks at Logos can modify my orders (a batch file would be nice) so that they can all become downloads?
Thanks -- Blessings to you and yours, Dale

Blessings,

Dale Durnell

Coming to you from Henryetta Oklahoma (45 miles south of Tulsa, and 85 miles east of OKC)

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 8:35 PM

I would suggest you call their Customer Service line.

Most likely, they can assist you in that regard.

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 8:45 PM

Dale,

I believe the only way to accomplish this is through customer service. Logos is aware that there is no way to edit pre-pub orders to change delivery method that we can access. I think I recall someone at Logos saying they were working on this, but clearly it isn't up and running.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 29
Jerry Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 8:52 PM

Yes, I had Logos Customer Service switch those of mine that could be changed to 'download' (i.e.  they didn't change the 'CD only'). However, since I was assured that the 'CD only's would work for L4, it appears only to be a matter of convenience not necessity.

Posts 26193
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 9:53 PM

JerryPeterson:
However, since I was assured that the 'CD only's would work for L4

They "work" for L4 by stimulating an L4 download when installed & activated in L3, but the CD resources are in L3 format.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 29
Jerry Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 11:01 PM

So was Logos lCustomer Service eading me astray on this issue?. I have Logos 4 Platinum and the Pre Pub Hebrew Pronunciation Add In is CD only. I was told I should install it in Logos 4 after calling in the CD serial number.to Logos support for activation.. 

Posts 26193
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 2:15 AM

JerryPeterson:

So was Logos lCustomer Service eading me astray on this issue?. I have Logos 4 Platinum and the Pre Pub Hebrew Pronunciation Add In is CD only. I was told I should install it in Logos 4 after calling in the CD serial number.to Logos support for activation.. 

You cannot "install" a v3 product CD into L4 but L4 will download/install the resources after the product has been activated. Confirm that with another CS rep.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 46

I guess what I'm hearing, and gleaning off hand via the Logos Blog is that I can leave my orders alone (and they'll come home, wagging their tails behind them). If they come on a CD, install them on a machine running L3, then run L4 and let them download (which they would have done anyway). This is probably a better route to take than trying to manually order downloads on the prepubs, and correspondingly delete the CD order.

Thanks for all the input gang --

Blessings

Blessings,

Dale Durnell

Coming to you from Henryetta Oklahoma (45 miles south of Tulsa, and 85 miles east of OKC)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS