The Death of the End Note (Thanks, Logos!)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2903
Doc B | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 19 2012 10:11 PM

One thing I hate when reading theology is endnotes.  Footnotes are fine.  But I hate flipping to the end of a chapter, or the end of a book, just to find an ibid.

Logos has killed the end note.  Here's a screen shot of one of my book reading layouts.  I'm reading a devotional I like, and have it open on the left, and a clippings file called Serendipitous Clippings that I keep open on the right, where I can paste interesting things I might want later, but don't want to take the time to classify just yet.

The fun part in in the middle panes.  I have the Information pane on the middle bottom, where I can get word definitions quickly, and the Power Lookup pane open above it, where the end note has died, and is buried in an unmarked grave.

A note in the text? No more flipping.  I just look to the right, and there it is!

I love this feature. Power Lookup Rules!!

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 4:49 AM

Doc B:
One thing I hate when reading theology is endnotes.  Footnotes are fine.  But I hate flipping to the end of a chapter, or the end of a book, just to find an ibid.

I'm definitely with you on this. Sometimes in a paper book, I don't even bother looking for them.

Logos makes it easy

Posts 6588
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 6:22 AM

This is where Logos beats Kindle hands down. With Kindle, you have to tap the endnote and then remember to hit back. With Logos you simply open a window or mouse over. 

Lynden Williams Commu

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 6:49 AM

Lynden Williams:

This is where Logos beats Kindle hands down. With Kindle, you have to tap the endnote and then remember to hit back. With Logos you simply open a window or mouse over. 

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS