Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 10 2009 11:32 AM

Is the old information from the NG going to be imported to this forum archive or do I now have to keep both so I can not only read new posts on the NG but also have access to all of the old info?

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 1836
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2009 5:00 PM

Robert Pavich:

Is the old information from the NG going to be imported to this forum archive or do I now have to keep both so I can not only read new posts on the NG but also have access to all of the old info?

We will not be able to move old content from the newsgroups over. The current plan is that the newsgroups will stay up for a while for archival purposes, but will eventually go away. Keep in mind that most of the content on the newsgroups will be outdated and irrelevant when the next version of Logos comes out.

Posts 25032
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 1:14 AM

Phil Gons:
We will not be able to move old content from the newsgroups over. The current plan is that the newsgroups will stay up for a while for archival purposes, but will eventually go away. Keep in mind that most of the content on the newsgroups will be outdated and irrelevant when the next version of Logos comes out.

Outdated and irreverent!!?

When will you shut down the newsgroups?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 7:54 AM

Phil Gons:
Keep in mind that most of the content on the newsgroups will be outdated and irrelevant when the next version of Logos comes out.

...Ha, it means, the new version 4.0 is just behind the doors!? Big Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 8:54 AM

I'd wager than when the newsgroups are reaching termination there will be an announcement.  you can also bet I'll ensure I have a full backup of all the outdated and irrellevant information.  Wink  (Yuk, they've licenced the MSN smilies.)

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1836
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 3:58 PM

Dave Hooton:
Outdated and irreverent!!?

I said irrelevant not irreverent, though I suppose there may have been some of the latter as well.

Dave Hooton:
When will you shut down the newsgroups?

I'm not sure yet. We'll give plenty of advanced notice before we do.

Posts 25032
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 9:49 PM

Phil Gons:
I said irrelevant not irreverent, though I suppose there may have been some of the latter as well.

I didn't intend it to be personal, Phil, as it summarised a complex thought process with regard to dumping some of the valuable material on the newsgroups.

I'm glad you are showing your Logos logo so we know which side you are on (now that is personal Big Smile)

Umm, the spel checker sims to be sleeping today!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS