Visual Filter

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 73
Chuck Lindsey | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 3 2009 7:57 AM

Does anyone know of a way to apply a visual markup to a specific greek word in an english Bible. I want to highlight every time "Doulos" is used in my NKJV Bible.

I know how to do a morphological filter by starting with an "@" but how do I search for the specific greek word?

Any idea how to do this?  Thank you.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 8:00 AM

Is this what you are looking for?

Posts 73
Chuck Lindsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 8:30 AM

That's exactly what I was looking for. Is there a list somewhere of the commands for the visual filter?

Posts 24
Van Vowell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 8:43 AM

Create a visual filter. This is not under tools where you might expect but under files because you are creating a file for markup. Go to a Greek text with doulos in it (Ex. Rom. 1:1) and copy that word. Then in the visual markup tab paste it into the first box and choose a highlight from the list in the second box. Be sure to edit the name of the filter. In an English bible the word servant (esv) or bondservant (NKJV) will also be highlighted. I could not get it to work just typing gk:doulos in the markup tab box. it wants an accented u and I don't know how to do that, so I used copy and paste in Greek instead. Hope this helps!

Posts 24
Van Vowell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 8:52 AM

Phillip: How did you get the Greek text after lemma:   ???

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 8:54 AM

Type g: doulos

Also, see this entry in the wiki

http://wiki.logos.com/How_to_enter_text_in_Greek_and_Hebrew

Posts 73
Chuck Lindsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 9:18 AM

Van Vowell:
How did you get the Greek text after l

RIght click on the greek word in an interlinear or greek manuscript and then click on lemma, then on the left choose "copy"

Thanks everyone for your help. LOVE visual filtering!

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 9:30 AM

Give this a try to see if it does what you want...

To get the lemma code you can navigate to a location where the word exists.

Say James 1:2, then right click choose the lemma in the right pane and choose "search this resource" in the left pane.

Then in the search dialog copy and past the code from the find box.

Make a new visual filter document: File|Visual Filter

name the document and past the code into the find box of the visual filter - make sure "Bible" is chosen as the filter type.

Choose the type of highlighting you want and enjoy.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 9:31 AM

Van Vowell:

Phillip: How did you get the Greek text after lemma:   ???

Right below the tab there are three options...Basic, Bible and Morph. Click on morph. Then the greek comes up automatically after you type lemma:

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS