Oy, Logos, how could you do this to me?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 22 2012 9:28 AM

I had my order total under $1,000.  They offered the Dictionary of Classical Hebrew and now my total is again above $1,000!  How inconsiderate!  I'm beginning to once again "owe my soul to the company store."

[Note the quotation below my signature]  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9100
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 9:30 AM

How does that work? Isn't it still on Prepub?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:01 AM

Bruce Dunning:

How does that work? Isn't it still on Prepub?

It's most definitely still on prepub.  It has (maybe) slightly more than ¼ of the necessary subscriptions before it goes into publication.  It's just that a bit over 1 yr ago I had almost $4,500 in prepubs (with additional Comminity Pricing), but I'd gotten it down to under $1,000 on prepubs.  Fortunately, they began publishing books of the type Methods of Teaching Basketweaving which have no interest for me.  I'm afraid they're going back to more meaty references.

http://www.logos.com/product/29300/the-dictionary-of-classical-hebrew

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9113
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:06 AM

George Somsel:
Fortunately, they began publishing books of the type Methods of Teaching Basketweaving which have no interest for me.

I picked that one up on the Christmas sale last year. Since then I've sold over $10,000 worth of baskets and made $2,500 teaching others. It's all gone to Logos resources. Cool

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9100
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:08 AM

I'm actually not familiar with the Dictionary of Classical Hebrew. Have you ever used it? How would you rate it?

Just in case you change your mind and want to pursue basket-weaving here is a great website to get you started. http://basketmakers.org/topics/beginners/beginnersmenu.htm

Big Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3676
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:08 AM

IFYP (I feel your pain), only my threshhold is a lot lower than $1,000!

Blessings!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:21 AM

Bruce Dunning:

I'm actually not familiar with the Dictionary of Classical Hebrew. Have you ever used it? How would you rate it?

Just in case you change your mind and want to pursue basket-weaving here is a great website to get you started. http://basketmakers.org/topics/beginners/beginnersmenu.htm

Big Smile

By reputation only.  You could also try some teacher's college for basketweaving—they're big on that type of course.  They teach methods of teaching arithmetic, but not arithmetic, etc.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:28 AM

BillS:

IFYP (I feel your pain), only my threshhold is a lot lower than $1,000!

Blessings!

It's the momentum that has been broken, not the absolute amount.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 112
Tim Finlay | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:46 AM

I just added this to my pre-pub list so it is one step nearer publication. This is an expensive product but is really a superb deal. My colleague, John Hartley, has them in hardback and loves them (and I expect paid over 4 times the cost that Logos is offering the set for).

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 12:20 PM

George Somsel:
Fortunately, they began publishing books of the type Methods of Teaching Basketweaving which have no interest for me. 

I missed that series, I wonder if I call a sales rep if I can get a good price Crying

Posts 10645
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 1:53 PM

Andrew Mckenzie:

George Somsel:

I missed that series, I wonder if I call a sales rep if I can get a good price Crying

The new just-announced Christmas Sale should get you a good price Big Smile

I thought of getting George a Gift Certificate for a dozen Interlinears Devil

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 1:55 PM

Jack Caviness:
I thought of getting George a Gift Certificate for a dozen Interlinears Devil

Thanks a pantload.  Stick out tongue  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

Posts 112
Tim Finlay | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 29 2012 1:39 PM

George, the Dictionary of Classical Hebrew has moved to "almost there" status. This is a good sign.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS