Question on searching for images

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 114
Tim Finlay | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 24 2012 9:20 AM

I have bought a number of archeological resources and other works with photos, paintings, maps etc. I want to be able to search in various collections I have made for paintings of Rachel or photos of Galilee etc. How do I do this?

I have tried #image Galilee and that gives me all the images in my resources whether they are of Galilee or not.

Posts 10635
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2012 9:33 AM

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/14927/114239.aspx will give you the best discussion. Dave's answer is probably what you're looking for (ANDEQUALS).

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 114
Tim Finlay | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2012 10:10 AM

Thanks, DMB. This helps considerably. However, it does not produce any hits for my Biblical World in Pictures resource which has over 1,300 images and is my single most important resource for this type of work. Any suggestions?

Posts 10635
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2012 10:31 AM

Hopefully the 'big boys' (ones with bigger packages) will break away from the festive fun (especially Sean at Logos).  I don't have that resource, and notice it's not not available separately.

http://blog.logos.com/2010/07/logos_4_infographics_and_attention_to_detail/

EDIT: while you're waiting for 'real' help (!), did you try putting LBSI or FBSI in the 'which resource(s)' field. I can't tell how that might differ from the image resource you have.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 114
Tim Finlay | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:12 PM

DMB,

Thanks for providing me with that link but I am still stuck. It seems that for every image in Biblical World in Pictures, it is locking on to the Table of Contents link by that image and because the Table of Contents includes a reference to Galilee, it counts as a hit.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2012 9:58 PM

Tim Finlay:
I want to be able to search in various collections I have made for paintings of Rachel or photos of Galilee etc. How do I do this?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25378
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 25 2012 3:57 AM

Tim Finlay:
it is locking on to the Table of Contents link by that image and because the Table of Contents includes a reference to Galilee, it counts as a hit.

It would be useful to have a screenshot of the TOC

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9
Richard Nazarenus | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2013 12:39 PM

I have long struggled with searching in The Biblical World in Pictures (TBWIP).  In response to Morris Proctor's recent blog on the Search Images function in Logos 5.1, I did a search to see how it worked.  I was immediately confronted by this TBWIP problem.  A search in the the forum brought me to this discussion thread.

The problem is bigger than the Table of Contents.  Every article/picture entry includes a link to the Table of Contents for a "chapter" in the resource.  The data in the Table of Contents then cause many, many irrelevant hits--everything in the "chapter."  In the following screen shot, notice that I searched for "Garden of Gethsemane."  Notice that the search returned 364 results.  The thumbnails show that most all of them have nothing to do with the search term.  Notice in the pane for TBWIP that the title of the picture is highlighted as a search hit, but so is the "Table of Contents" link.  And that is the source of the problem.

Here is another screen shot where the TBWIP pane shows the first hit in the search list, obviously irrelevant. The title is not highlighted as a search hit, but the "Table of Contents" link is.

Posts 9
Richard Nazarenus | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2013 12:41 PM

I don't know why my screen shots don't appear.  They were fine in my view before I clicked "Post."

Posts 13386
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2013 12:52 PM

Richard Nazarenus:
I don't know why my screen shots don't appear.  They were fine in my view before I clicked "Post."

Pasting images into your post doesn't work. You have to upload them using the paper-clip icon.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS