Daily Readings section just says "Loading"

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2321
LogosEmployee
Tommy Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 7:53 AM

Brian, do you see the reading plans in the Documents section in the app?

Posts 324
Brian Elliott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2013 4:55 AM

Yes I do. 

Posts 1384
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 12:28 AM

Brian Elliott:

Created two new reading plans on my Mac. They show up in Documents on the iPad, but not Daily Readings. Daily Readings just says "Loading". I deleted the Logos app on my iPad and reinstalled. Daily Readings has said "Loading" for the last two hours. I do not have any devotional calendar resources that will be showing in Daily Readings (they are all hidden resources). So the only things I should see in Daily Readings are the two reading plans I set up (there are no other reading plans). I have an iPad 4 running iOS 6.0.1.

Hi Brian,

Have you tried restarting the app instead of just deleting and reinstalling it every time?  There is a known issue with not all devotions (reading plans work fine for me) syncing after a fresh install, which is then corrected after restarting the app.  

However, if you always delete the app without first trying a restart and then perform a fresh install, you'll see the problem every single time since you're doing exactly the same thing.

Please restart the app after an install and let me know how it goes.  Thanks!

Posts 324
Brian Elliott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 3:58 PM

Done. The reading plans I created still do not show in the Daily Readings section on my iPad or my iPhone (no longer having the "Loading" issue). The plans do show in the Documents section on both the iPhone and the iPad. Thanks.

Posts 27
Raymond Cabrera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 7:03 PM

how do you restart it?

Posts 15217
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 7:08 PM

Raymond Cabrera:
how do you restart it?

Apps on iOS devices don't normally close… the hibernate. To actually close the Logos mobile app:

1. exit the app
  2. open the multi-task bar (double click the center button)
  3. press and hold the logos icon
  4. press on the minus symbol

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 27
Raymond Cabrera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 7:15 PM

I got going, still same issue as faithlife cant see my reading plan on my ipad, but ican on my galaxy 2 phone, seeing the amount of people complaining about this same issue, pretty sure its a software glitch that needs to be address. 

Posts 15217
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 7:21 PM

Raymond Cabrera:
seeing the amount of people complaining about this same issue, pretty sure its a software glitch that needs to be address. 

There are at least two different issues… yours may be one or the other… or something different. Did you try deleting the app and reinstalling? NOTE: you will lose your downloaded resources.

Posts 473
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2013 3:22 AM

I'm having a similar issue.  I have a reading plan that isn't showing up at all in Faithlife or Logos, and another one that is appearing but not updating in Logos app.  Working fine in L4 and on web. 

Posts 465
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2013 9:11 AM

alabama24:
Did you try deleting the app and reinstalling?

I try this and after reinstalling my readingplan was there. But when I marked todays reading as read it was gone. In the Logos app I can open it from the documents section but in the Faithlife app there is no way to find it.

Posts 23
Matthew Candler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 1:33 PM

I too am having a problem in similar fashion. While it does not say "Loading," one of my Bible Reading plans (NKJ bible) does not populate the "Daily Readings" portion of the ios app on either my ipad (mini) or iphone (4s). I have the latest updates for logos ios , and am using Logos 4.6a SR-5 (4.61.0.3387).

Posts 324
Brian Elliott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 4:09 PM

My plans are not showing up yet either...the simple passage of time has not been the solution. 

Posts 1384
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 11 2013 12:36 PM

Brian Elliott:

Done. The reading plans I created still do not show in the Daily Readings section on my iPad or my iPhone (no longer having the "Loading" issue). The plans do show in the Documents section on both the iPhone and the iPad. Thanks.

Hi Brian,

We've isolated and corrected the problem - the fix will be included in the next release... thanks for being patient with us!

Posts 324
Brian Elliott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 11 2013 4:04 PM

Thanks much!!

Posts 4
James Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 11:06 AM

I have the latest update to Logos for the iPhone and my daily readings just says 'Loading'.  I am using iOS 7 if this matters.  Is there any help for this?  Thanks.

Posts 15217
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 11:22 AM

Welcome to the forums James! Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied

James Myers:

I have the latest update to Logos for the iPhone and my daily readings just says 'Loading'.  I am using iOS 7 if this matters.  Is there any help for this?  Thanks.

This thread is nearly a year old... the issues experienced then are probably different. Have you tried doing a full shut down of the device? Also, you should know that there were some server issues last night and this morning. I believe all should be well by now.

Posts 9083
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 12:13 PM

HI Alabama

Quite right in what you are saying but I am also seeing a "Loading" message - this time in the Verbum app on my Android phone. I have started a thread regarding this at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/77078/539320.aspx#539320

If there is still some form of server-side issue it may be affecting both environments - but hopefully Logos will be able to throw some light on this.

Graham 

Posts 4
James Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 3 2013 5:20 PM

I have done a full shutdown and restart.  Still have the problem.

Posts 1384
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2013 9:28 AM

James Myers:

I have done a full shutdown and restart.  Still have the problem.

Hi James,

Can you please send us your support information?  Tap on the Gear icon at the top right and then the Help item followed by Send support info.  

Posts 4
James Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2013 9:34 AM

They were sent today.

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS