Prioritizing a Lectionary made Logos 4 crash.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 669
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 3 2009 2:17 PM

I had prioritized the Revised Lectionary and decided to change to a Lutheran one.  I prioritized the Lutheran one and when I went to de-prioritize the Revised Logos crashed.  This is the buggiest software I have ever purchased.  It really is like trying an early beta version.

I restarted it again after the crash and it crashed again on start-up.  Here's the log file of the second crash.

8875.Logos4.log

I don't want a refund.  I just want the program to work....

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 2:26 PM

Michael Lyman:
I had prioritized the Revised Lectionary and decided to change to a Lutheran one.  I prioritized the Lutheran one and when I went to de-prioritize the Revised Logos crashed.  This is the buggiest software I have ever purchased.  It really is like trying an early beta version.
Actually, during Beta testing I had hardly any crashes from B1-RC.  That being said, I think the complexity of this software creates some odd bugs that do not appear until users doing unique things make it happen.  I will bet that you are one of the few to try this exact sequence... and so the developers cannot fix bugs that they are not aware exist.  

Making good reports is helpful, so if you want to see this bug fixed, please submit a log file along with your report.

Blessings

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 669
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 2:30 PM

It's there and I've forwarded it to tech support.  No offense, but you have no idea what I've been through and how many times this program has crashed on me. 

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 2:32 PM

Michael Lyman:
I don't want a refund.  I just want the program to work....

Joe, he did submit a log file.

Michael, the log file doesn't show me anything obvious, but I'm not a programmer. Maybe one of them will see something.

For now, do you open to the homepage? If so, try to not open to the home page: Hold down CTRL as Logos4 starts and choose "Load with Blank Layout" Then check your prioritization scheme again and ensure it is what you want. If it is, close Logos4 and load it normally.

The preceding procedure may fix the issue. If it doesn't or if you can't load L4 at all report back.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 2:55 PM

Michael Lyman:
It's there and I've forwarded it to tech support.  No offense, but you have no idea what I've been through and how many times this program has crashed on me. 
None taken brother.  

My own experience was not intended to diminish your own, but was intended to give some encouragement in the L4 program stability outside of your own experience. 

You are correct I do not know your experience or your frustration and my post was not written, nor am I able, to address your emotional needs   I was only offering a bit of advice on how you could possibly get it resolved.  

I hope you get a solution soon Michael.Smile

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 2:56 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
Joe, he did submit a log file.
Yes Richard, he added it after I suggested he attach it, but thanks for pointing out that it was now there.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 7:37 PM

Joe Miller:
Yes Richard, he added it after I suggested he attach it, but thanks for pointing out that it was now there.

I swear, you two need to apply as a team for the Amazing Race or something.  Ratings would be thru the roof!  Stick out tongue

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 8:16 PM

I'm game...My wife and I love that show and had one of our friends on a past season.   Are you ready to play Richard?  :-)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS