Another round of L4 Resource updates?

Page 1 of 7 (124 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 123 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 673
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 3 2009 2:52 PM

Just went into L4 and had a 450 MB or so download and index followed up by a 1 gig plus download it is doing now... I see no release notes so I assume some updated resources... I only have Leader's Library so I didn't think I would be getting this size download as  a lot of my files are already L4...

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:01 PM

Frank Sauer:

Just went into L4 and had a 450 MB or so download and index followed up by a 1 gig plus download it is doing now... I see no release notes so I assume some updated resources... I only have Leader's Library so I didn't think I would be getting this size download as  a lot of my files are already L4...

My download is 957.3MB, and just started as well.

EDIT: failed to mention that I have Scholars Platinum.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:09 PM

1.8GB here ;-)

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 106
Mark Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:11 PM

Here is a strange one:  1.1 gig on one laptop while I am getting 1.6 gig on the other with everything being equal prior to the update.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:16 PM

1.8GB here too

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 673
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:17 PM

Add another 230+MB... Time to start the rant about the need for the end-user to have the right to know what is downloading and whether or not I want to waste my bandwidth, MY HDD space and MY time for indexing, etc...

If this is updates to graphics and lectionaries or others resources that I could care less about updating, I do not want to waste the time in doing so...

Another time to once again request that the L4 update engine be equipped with something similar to the L3 update engine that allows me to select and deselect the resources being updated.... This is a necessity to avoid wasted time and resources. I have now used over 1.6 gigs of my HDD and have no clue for what and no easy way to see what it was and more importantly no way to block stuff I may not want!

Posts 28
Karen Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:17 PM

1.9GB for me (Platinum) Smile

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:21 PM

Perhaps it's the interlinears?

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 673
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:24 PM

It does not look like the interlinears, that is what I was hoping as well. When I just checked the resources folder it appears that there were some updates to some smaller files, but mainly and this frustrates me - Image Resources... While they are a "nice" addition and something I do not want to put in the hidden resources I DO WANT the ability to not use over a gig of MY HDD space on image updates....

Posts 43
Steve Burrow | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:26 PM

2.00GB (Portfolio+)

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:26 PM

Frank Sauer:
.. Time to start the rant about the need for the end-user to have the right to know what is downloading and whether or not I want to waste my bandwidth, MY HDD space and MY time for indexing, etc...

Sadly, no energy left in me for a rant....

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:26 PM

Cool, it is updating the Mac Alpha as well :-)

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:31 PM

Frank Sauer:

It does not look like the interlinears, that is what I was hoping as well. When I just checked the resources folder it appears that there were some updates to some smaller files, but mainly and this frustrates me - Image Resources... While they are a "nice" addition and something I do not want to put in the hidden resources I DO WANT the ability to not use over a gig of MY HDD space on image updates....

Perhaps it's just an update to an existing resource that won't consume too much HD space...

Posts 673
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:32 PM

No Paul, this was over 1.6 gigs of resource updates that are mostly image resources...

Posts 490
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:33 PM

I didn't even realize it was updating. 1.84 GB coming in to my Mac Alpha. It's at 55%.

Yes, I'd like to offer as a suggestion for a future update that downloads become optional and offer a statement as to their content. For larger downloads, I'd probably want to relocate somewhere with greater bandwidth.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 535
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:36 PM

Since there is a bug in the merging of indexes in L4.0a Beta 2, that I am assuming we should not waste the time in letting all of this stuff that is downloading be indexed. If Logos does updates for the program tomorrow and give us SR8 & L4.0a Beta 3 then that seems like the time to do the indexing.

My question is why not release the program update that fixes the indexing bug before sending us multiple gig's for updated files?

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:39 PM

BobbyTerhune:

Since there is a bug in the merging of indexes in L4.0a Beta 2, that I am assuming we should not waste the time in letting all of this stuff that is downloading be indexed. If Logos does updates for the program tomorrow and give us SR8 & L4.0a Beta 3 then that seems like the time to do the indexing.

My question is why not release the program update that fixes the indexing bug before sending us multiple gig's for updated files?

Yes, it's a very bizarre decision to release a large update which will likely trigger some form of indexing when there is a Beta floating around and being used by a large number of people which has a problem with its indexing.

That said, beggar for punishment that I am (and at the beginning of a new month with data to spare on my datacap), I'm downloading....

It appears syntax resources have been updated...

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:42 PM

Frank Sauer:

No Paul, this was over 1.6 gigs of resource updates that are mostly image resources...

Perhaps it's the first year of BSM?

Posts 2320
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:43 PM

As long as it is a supplemental index you are fine. If it merges your index you will have to blow out your index file and reindex all over. If you can, you may want to wait and see if others are having to merge indexes automatically or not. If this download is requiring that, then turn off automatic downloads until Beta 3. If not, you can download and let Beta 2 complete a supplemental index without difficulty.

Yes, they should release the Beta 3 update before releasing these resource updates in my opinion. But the above plan should work. Worst case, you reindex over night.. again. That's beta testing for you.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:44 PM

JohnFidel:

As long as it is a supplemental index you are fine. If it merges your index you will have to blow out your index file and reindex all over. If you can, you may want to wait and see if others are having to merge indexes automatically or not. If this download is requiring that, then turn off automatic downloads until Beta 3. If not, you can download and let Beta 2 complete a supplemental index without difficulty.

Yes, they should release the Beta 3 update before releasing these resource updates in my opinion. But the above plan should work. Worst case, you reindex over night.. again. That's beta testing for you.

Mine just finished and no merging is required here. (on Beta2)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 7 (124 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS