Another round of L4 Resource updates?

Page 3 of 7 (124 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 123 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 68
Pastor Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 5:08 PM

Mine was a 1.8Gb download. The hard drive on my laptop took a hit. The indexing only took about 10 minutes. The CPU usage was at 98% for about 5 minutes then dropped to 58% for the rest of indexing. It appears to be finished now and CPU usage is at 15%. But hard drive avaialble space is back to almost where it was before download????

Not sure what the update was????

Mick

Posts 491
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 5:10 PM

Interestingly, I have a new title, but I have no idea what it is. Originally, my library was showing 1256 titles. One had not been downloading but this huge download (1.84 GB for me) fixed that. Now I have 1258 titles. I really wonder what the extra resource is!?

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 5:14 PM

R. Mansfield:

Interestingly, I have a new title, but I have no idea what it is. Originally, my library was showing 1256 titles. One had not been downloading but this huge download (1.84 GB for me) fixed that. Now I have 1258 titles. I really wonder what the extra resource is!?

It's hidden knowledge. If you were a gnostic, I could tell you.

Come back when you've learned the secret handshake. Wink

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 26379
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 5:23 PM

Matthew C Jones:
EDIT: OK, after having just told me there aren't any updates available it started a 2GB download. How come it mis-informed me?

I guess you were on Beta 2 and did an Update Now?  Well, it is obviously not a thorough check, maybe timing, maybe another bug.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 5:36 PM

My computer just started a 1.7 GB automatic download when I went into Logos4...hmmmm...

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 41
David Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 5:47 PM

I had an autodownload of 1.8Gb (scholar's)  followd by a 5 minute (it was really was five minutes) of indexing.  No change is resource count and I am still at SR7 (4.0.3.3272).  At least I think is is still at that rev, I did not check it prior to the autoupgrade.  What has changed?  That is a lot of bits to download...

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 6:01 PM

Automatic updates are nice, but I sure enjoyed reading about the updates to Logos3 prior to updating them to see what was updated and/or fixed...

Chuck

Posts 5127
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 6:14 PM

My download is BIGGER than your download...

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 6:16 PM

I have Leaders LE...what do you have?

Chuck

Posts 730
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 6:18 PM

Quick question.  My Beta2 version of L4 downloaded the new resources and created a supplemental index.  My SR-7 version of L4 downloaded the new resources and also created a supplemental index.  However, when I do a basic search for "propitiation" on both, I get different hit counts.  For example, in B2, I get 311 results in 198 articles under "New Resources" but 507 results in 335 articles in SR-7.  In B2, I get 5,597 results in 3,226 articles for "Library Results", but in SR-7 I get 5,401 results in 3,089 articles.  Something definitely is different.  SR-7 and B2 are on different machines and don't share resources (if that is even possible).

Can someone else with a similar configuration (B2 and SR-7) run a basic search in both and see if their results are the same?  Any ideas?

Also see similar question at: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/6340.aspx

Thanks!

Posts 134
Joel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 6:40 PM

Charles C Pace:

Automatic updates are nice, but I sure enjoyed reading about the updates to Logos3 prior to updating them to see what was updated and/or fixed...

Yes please Logos. Perhaps two options- a "don't tell me, just install" option, and another option for those who want to spread their updates out. Because I have no idea what my almost 900 meg download is, it'll have to wait.

Posts 97
Jeff Loven | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 6:41 PM

Come on ya'll...no offense, but you need to get over it. If you dislike things so much, continue using L3.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 6:59 PM

Jeff Loven:

Come on ya'll...no offense, but you need to get over it. If you dislike things so much, continue using L3.

No offense taken and hopefully none given - but what an absurd response.

If it wasn't for people talking about download caps in Beta we wouldn't even have the option to turn the internet off. The program will never change, let alone improve, if people don't say what they want and why.

Posts 51
Randall McRoberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 7:08 PM

Portfolio and then some here. 2.0 Gb. I went to the resources folder and sorted by date modified. 66 books had been modified. I love the way it works. I'm surprised by all the whining. If it works, why mess with it. It's seamless.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 7:12 PM

Randall McRoberts:
I love the way it works. I'm surprised by all the whining. If it works, why mess with it. It's seamless.

One very good reason to "mess with it" is that in some parts of the world (and of the US) we have varying datacaps for different periods of the day and night. That's why many of us have requested the possibility of being able to set a time to download updates (as we can in many other programs).

Another reason to "whine" is that with datacaps, we can't always download everything, the ability to choose just essential downloads and maybe some of the resources would enable us to stay under our data caps...

You can crack a walnut with a sledgehammer - it works - but someone may want to invent a better way of doing it....

Posts 51
Randall McRoberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 7:19 PM

Understood. Keep on whining, then. I'm sure Logos will get around to making that better when they get the more important items taken care of. I'm willing to be pretty patient.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 7:24 PM

Randall McRoberts:
Keep on whining, then.

If you could identify which post of mine on this thread was "whining" it will help me to improve my communication skills.

Randall McRoberts:
more important items taken care of.

For some of us this is very important - as described. Possibly, you do not care about people exceeding their data caps and being hit with bills for $150....

Posts 106
Mark Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 7:25 PM

Where is the resource folder located?

Posts 3047
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 7:48 PM

LaRosa Johnson:

1.8GB here ;-)

Me too.  Erie.  Maybe our packages were separated at birth?

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 134
Joel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 7:55 PM

Randall McRoberts:

Understood. Keep on whining, then. I'm sure Logos will get around to making that better when they get the more important items taken care of. I'm willing to be pretty patient.

Yeah, uh, that's not whining. No one's screaming at Logos to get things done. People are encouraging them to improve the program, and rightly so. I have nigh on a hundred programs installed, and Logo's update system is possibly the least accommodating of them all, breaking the unwritten development rule of, "Let the user install what they want.". (side note: this goes for desktop icons too) I think everyone here is aware there are more important issues in the world to solve (although some responses might seem to say otherwise :)), but hey, this is a Logos 4 forum, and Logos are expecting these kinds of suggestions.

Page 3 of 7 (124 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS