Morph search using both Logos LXX & WH.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 161
David Roberts | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 27 2012 2:12 AM

Hi,

I'm a newbie to logos, but I'd like to know how to do a morph search on both Logos LXX & WH.
Yes, I can open those books, then search using "All Open Resources", but then it will not display an English translation. It only will display other translations when you select one particular resource.

Is there a way of grouping them together? Of turning individual resources into a series or something?
I would really like to be able to do Morph searches on the entire Bible in Greek with an English translation.

If anyone can tell me how to do this, I'd really appreciate this.

Thanks in advance!

David R
   New Zealand. 

Posts 22208
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 27 2012 2:39 AM

Hi David - and welcome to the forums

David Roberts:
Is there a way of grouping them together? Of turning individual resources into a series or something?

What you can do is to make a two-book collection including Logos LXX and WH - for details on Collections please see  http://wiki.logos.com/Collections

For this I have created a collection called "Greek Bible" as shown below:

I can then do a morph search against this collection as shown below (I am showing where the results move from one resource to another to demonstrate how it appears

You will note that I have chosen to Add another version (in this case the NRSV) so the English translation is shown alongside.

In my screenshot, the words in the NRSV corresponding to the search hits are shown highlighted. Please note this is a Logos 5 feature and you won't get this highlighting in Logos 4.

Hope this helps - but please feel free to come back with further questions or clarification

Graham 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS