new feature: Read Aloud to mp3's...please

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 31
Josh Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 3 2009 4:50 PM

Dear Logos,

I have really enjoyed the new Read Aloud text-to-speech feature in Logos4. Thank you for your continued innovation! Although the "computer voice" is a bit choppy, it is useable and allows me to play resources which simply don't come as an audio book while I'm busy doing another task. So... the point of this post... any chance we could get a converter to convert some of this to .mp3 files.That would allow this feature to move to my ipod, car, etc. and make this feature that much better.Thanks in advance for working to continually improve the platform!

Or, as a possible alternate scenario, does anyone know a program that will record and convert the audio??

Live Victoriously, Josh

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 4:55 PM

Josh Wilson:

Or, as a possible alternate scenario, does anyone know a program that will record and convert the audio??

Audacity can record directly from your sound card and can export to MP3. It's free, runs on Mac or Win.

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 5:34 PM

There are also some free audio Bibles available with real human beings reading, much nicer to listen to in the car or on your iPod than the text-to-speech computer voice:

http://www.faithcomesbyhearing.com (downloads as .mp3; NT only)
http://www.audio-bible.com/bible/ (downloads as .ra file or streams .ram file on web; requires RealPlayer)
http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/audio/  (downloads .smil file which points to streaming .rm file on the web; requires RealPlayer; hard to tell if it’s a real human reading, sounds like text-to-speech occasionally because the timing is weird, but the pronunciation is much better than in Logos)

There are free tools to download/capture streaming audio and convert to MP3. Google around for them.

Posts 98
Henry Finkle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 5:42 AM

Josh Wilson:

Dear Logos,

I have really enjoyed the new Read Aloud text-to-speech feature in Logos4. Thank you for your continued innovation! Although the "computer voice" is a bit choppy, it is useable and allows me to play resources which simply don't come as an audio book while I'm busy doing another task. So... the point of this post... any chance we could get a converter to convert some of this to .mp3 files.That would allow this feature to move to my ipod, car, etc. and make this feature that much better.Thanks in advance for working to continually improve the platform!

Live Victoriously, Josh

If you like listening to a voice reading to you, then you might want to try some of the 3rd party voice engines out there. Especially the infovox desktip British voice. You can have it read anything in any program. Although right now it's not working with Logos4. I do hope they fix that soon.

Posts 320
John Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 5:44 AM

There are programs specially designed for this. For example, Natural Voice Reader. And you can buy higher quality voices than the ones you hear in Logos (which is just using the default voice reader in Windows, I believe).

perspectivelyspeaking.wordpress.com

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS