Upgrade Help!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 22
Mike Belcher | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 28 2012 1:03 PM

I currently have Logos Scholars Edition with many other added resources. What would be the best upgrade for me to Logos 5?

Posts 21702
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 1:16 PM

Hi Mike

Mike Belcher:

I currently have Logos Scholars Edition with many other added resources. What would be the best upgrade for me to Logos 5?

The Logos anticipated default path from L4 Scholar's is to L5 Bronze - this is outlined in their blog article at http://blog.logos.com/2012/11/5-ways-to-move-to-logos-5/

However, when thinking about this I would consider a number of things:

• are there any resources you want which are included in any of the base packages? If so, what is the cost of that base package upgrade to you compared with the cost of those resources? Buying base packages is normally the cheapest option to get access to resources you want. If you find that you would really like a package (due to its resources) then it comes down to a financial question. Remember that Logos provide payment plans to help with this
  • if there aren't enough resources in the different base packages for you to justify the expenditure to yourself then the next question is whether you want any of the new features in Logos 5. If so, then the thing to do is to look at the "crossgrade options" - Core Datasets or Minimal Crossgrade
  • if you want some resources in a low base package but - for example - want all of the new features then the cheapest way is to go for the low base package first and then add in the minimal crossgrade. 
  • if you don't want any of the new resources or the new features but just the new UI then you can wait for the free engine download which is scheduled to be available in Q1 2013.

All of these options are laid out in more detail in the blog article I referenced so that's well worth reading.

At the end of the day it all comes down to you understanding what you are looking for, what you are prepared / able to pay for it and working out the best option.

Then it's worth talking with someone in Logos sales to get their advice.

Please note that the current discounts on the package upgrades are due to expire on 2 Jan.

Hope this helps in your decision making.

Graham 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS