New user: Order of install

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18
Luke | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 3 2009 11:46 PM

Hi All,

I am a new user to logos and have my shipment of the software coming tomorrow.  I chose not to download.  Anyway, I have never used the software so I don't know the best method for installing.  Here is what I have coming....

Logos 4 Platinum

MacArthur Life works

Essential IVP

My question would be what order should I install.  Logos 4 first and then the other two or vice versa?

Also, I have been reading other forums about updates.  I am guessing that my dvd's of logos 4 do not have the updates.  Once I have everything installed will I need to download updates as well.  I read the blog today about how to install logos 4, but it didn't cover all of my scenarios.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 12:00 AM

Congrats on the purchase.

Just put in your the L4 DVD first. follow the instructions and it will auto-update during the installation / indexing process.    Be aware, you will still need to access the internet and download resources when you install.

It is my understanding that you likely not have to install from the other DVD's as L4 will get your licenses from the Logos servers, download those resources and prepare them for you.  So after you install L4 DVD, check your Library browser for the other books on the IVP and MacArthur and you may find they are already ready to use. 

Use the link in my signature to the L4 FAQ.  It has all the info you really need to install.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 18
Luke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 7:17 AM

Thanks!

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 7:24 AM

Be prepared with lots of patienceThe download and initial (one time) indexing will require a number of HOURS. 

-Congratulations on your choice of Logos Bible Software.  I am confident you will NOT be disappointed. 

-If you have questions (and you will) post them on the forum, there are lots of willing helpful people around.

Hope to hear from you soon Luke!

Blessings,

Jeremiah

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 7:41 AM

Joe Miller:
It is my understanding that you likely not have to install from the other DVD's as L4 will get your licenses from the Logos servers, download those resources and prepare them for you.

Not entirely true, Joe.

For CD's purchased from Logos for LIbronix, the licenses aren't activated until after they are installed in Libronix. For CD's purchased from third parties, this is just as true, and the resources may, or may not be on Logos' servers (though these probably are).

I would recommend installing the others first, synchronizing your licenses, and then installing L4. L4 may even see the resources and pull them into its own directory before downloading, potentially saving a lot of download time.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS