Year preaching, teaching programme?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 506
P A | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:14 AM

The New Year is almost here.

I was wondering how do you plan for a year of teaching, preaching programmes in church .

What resources in Logos are useful for this?

I know some follow the lectionary, but what about the rest?

How do you keep the balance, keep things healthy and things moving (momentum).

Do you deliberately leave gaps in your programme for the unexpected or more importantly for God to speak?

Or do you plan everything.

Happy New Year

P ASmile

Posts 76
Andrew Mercer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:40 AM

This year we are going through the NT as a daily reading plan from February to November. Each week the message will come from the chapters covered in that week. We also plan to use these chapters as our focus in our fortnightly connect groups.

i chose not to use a Logos reading plan as I didn't want to just go from Matt to Rev, so I effectively created 11 consecutive reading plans to cover the entire NT in 10 months.

As a Pentecostal church, I felt we needed to give the Word a bit more priority than has been the norm in the past. Since April, I have preached through the first 10 chapters of John's gospel. It has been a refreshing season for us, and only once did I need to deviate from my prepared notes - and that was this past Sunday when I felt the Holy Spirit prompt me to speak on Rom 8, from about verse 18

Posts 981
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:57 AM

In 2012 we encouraged each member of the church to read through the Bible using a Chronological reading plan. Each week's sermon came from one of the passages read by the congregation the previous week. Here is a link to our preaching schedule

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByfGSIIb9ndINS1ta0RFSXVad1E

Posts 1529
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 8:30 AM

P A:

I know some follow the lectionary, but what about the rest?

When all else fails [Like your name was not on the schedule but no one else showed up] open a lectionary and the Treasury of David – instant sermon notes

Posts 1432
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:22 AM

P A:
do you plan everything.

Yes.

P A:
Do you deliberately leave gaps in your programme for the unexpected or more importantly for God to speak?

Yes.

I am in the "Baptist" stream of things. But I try to be very aware of where the RCL is "at."

And once I have planned things out, THEN it is very easy to say "OK, we now need to change this up, because..., etc"

[So I guess that would be a "both-and" approach?]

Thanks for asking.Smile

Regards, SteveF - HP EliteBook 8740w i7-Q720 1.6GHZ 12G RAM Win 7 Pro (x64) 500G@7200 nVidia QUADRO FX3800M - Logos 2 Level 3, L3 Scholar's, L4 Scholar's Gold, L5 Gold

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS