Page 2 of 5 (99 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 98 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 45
Steve Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 4:06 PM

My primary use of the tablet is reading and Bible study (using Logos), mainly when I'm not at my desk.  I have also just returned from MP Seminars' Camp Logos 1 where I used the tablet/keyboard combination exclusively.  I also use it on the road.  It works great on planes, and I now finally have a really portable device which competently replaces my desk machine (it weighs less than 2lbs, and has all my regular software installed).  It has a mini HDMI port so it should work great for Powerpoint presentations, but I have not tried this yet.  I plan to give it a whirl tomorrow when I return to the office.  The other really cool thing is the SSD drive.  Windows 8 boots up in a New York second, and the machine is at least as fast at running Logos 5 as my desk machine running Windows 7 with an i7 processor and 8Gb of RAM.

Posts 40
Darren Loechel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 5:46 PM

Sounds great Steve!

Just out of interest, what is the conversion rate between a New York Second and The Great Aussie Long Weekend?

Big Smile

Posts 45
Steve Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 6:46 PM

Don't blink, because you'll miss the New York Second ...

Posts 818
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 8:32 PM

I would love to get this configuration buts its over 1K.  What would you or anyone suggest in say the under $600 and praying I can find it cheaper on Ebay category please?

Joshua in RI

Posts 818
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 8:38 PM

Is the Ativ 500 dramatically different and not as good please?

Posts 40
Darren Loechel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 9:06 PM

I was very impressed with the ATIV 500, but then read David's post above which suggested that 64Gb wouldn't be enough, then Michael's post above warned that an i5 processor would be the minimum he would recommend. Like you, I find the expense to be hard to come at.

Hopefully someone else has tried running Logos 5 with an Atom processor, and can save us some money?!

Posts 1067
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 5:09 AM

For those who cannot afford the current high prices for a Windows 8 Pro tablet with at least 128GB SSD then I would suggest WAIT !!!!

These tablets ae very new and the latest and greatest in the electronic world.  As more models become available from different manufacturers and as the competition heats up and technology advances even further, we can expect dramatic price drops fror what is effectively minimum Logos 5 tablet technology.

However if you want to stay on the leading edge and want even more in a tablet than they can currently do, then you may always find yourself wanting a new machine costing $1200 or so...

Be patient, the price of a Windows Pro tablet capable of running Logos 5 effectively will come down dramatically over not too long a timeframe...... the majority of the market, cannot afford the $1200 price tags but the demand will rise ten fold or more when the price drops to $600 or less....

Posts 138
Orpheus Heyward | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 7:31 AM

Dd this 700t just come out recently?

Posts 45
Steve Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 5:08 PM

Late last year, I believe early November.

Posts 818
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 1 2013 5:12 PM

I have been looking around and have decided to do what never comes easy for me....wait.

I will check back in a few weeks or next month and see what develops.  In the interim...I need to be more obsessed with prayer, The Bible, and Jesus rather than fleeting, superfluous technology.

Joshua

Posts 8
Sean Crow | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 2 2013 8:29 PM

I would humbly suggest a good blend of the windows 8 tablet may have been recently forged by Asus dubbed the ASUS Taichi.   It seems to not only run a full windows 8 but as a convertable laptop/tablet it also has a 256 GB SSD which will help with both speed & capacity concerns initially.

Still, I'd use a USB stick for windows' readyboost for better performance when Logos is doing hard data crunching.   I'm thinking of getting the ASUS taichi for hosting my Logos 5 before my possible MOB coming up (and no funds or equipment will be forthcoming from the battalion).  

Posts 818
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2013 4:39 PM

Mr. Crow, I pray your computer works in the field (and that you and the men/women you share it with are blessed as well).  I looked at the Taichi but its over $800.  Too steep for me.  God bless you.  Lead On King Jesus!

Posts 138
Orpheus Heyward | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2013 4:46 PM

I have just purchased the ATIV Pro 700t having listen to the reviews on this forum.  I have downloaded my portfolio, I want to report that Logos absolutely works well on this pc tablet.  I am very pleased with the speed and fluidity.  If one can afford it, it is a tremendous investment.  I had been looking for a tablet that could run full version logos along side other full version programs like Microsoft Office, and this was the answer to that prayer.

Posts 40
Darren Loechel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 1:00 PM

Thanks for letting us know Orpheus.

David, your advice is good, but like Joshua said, it is hard to wait! I'm hoping that the release of the Surface Pro might help bring down prices in the next month or two.

Posts 99
Richard Kingston | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 4:39 PM

I purchased the Asus VivoTab 64GB from Best Buy. Runs Win8 (NOT RT), 1.6 GHz dual core Atom processor and 2GB RAM. The Win8 apps were super smooth and the screen was excellent. Loaded Logos 5 with no problems and then the problems started:

• Took 30 seconds to load
  • Cannot use the touch screen to select, cut or paste (could with a mouse though)
  • constantly hung with "App not responding" warning. This was undoubtedly due to the low RAM and prcoessor. when it did work, it was unbearably slow, if it worked at all.  
  • The screen was way to crowded with my normal 5 section layout that I use on my PC.

Took it back. Totally unusable for Logos 5. Bought an iPad4 - good, but no desktop or laptop replacement.

Hope that this helps someone.

Richard.

Posts 40
Darren Loechel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2013 5:05 AM

Very helpful thanks Richard.

Posts 818
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 17 2013 2:09 PM

Wow...that bad?Confused

I wonder if God would laugh if we prayed He might provide a decent Windows Tablet that runs all of Logos on it efficiently and effectively - to HIS glory.

Every other Ipad or Tablet combo just seems like glorified ereaders and I want to Glorify God by having all my tools with me - mobile and ready without having to startup my heavy cumbersome laptop....oh well.

Your review was helpful, thanks.  I must wait and be thankful for what I do have.  A Toshiba and a very large screen for now.  Thank You God for those tools and for Logos which I have yet to master.

Blessings,

Joshua

Posts 45
Steve Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 17 2013 2:19 PM

Hi Joshua,

Please see my previous post earlier in this thread on the Samsung Ativ Smart PC Pro 700t.  This tablet is perfect for for running Logos 5, and any other Windows software for that matter.

Best,

Steve

Posts 11
David Record | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 17 2013 3:29 PM

The key is to get a tablet with an i5 processor.  My Acer W700 runs Logos and all other windows programs great with some limitations.  I do need a Bluetooth keyboard to select text and highlight.  When I do not have a keyboard with me I make notes in OneNote and catch up when I get back to my keyboard.  I rarely have to do this.  My Windows 8 tablet is way more useful than any other mobile device I have ever owned.  If you really need to run Logos on a potable device do not be afraid of one of the i5 tablets.

Posts 45
Steve Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 17 2013 3:52 PM

Agreed.  My Samsung 700t also has an i5 processor.  The included S pen allows highlighting and text correction sans keyboard, and the onscreen keyboard is great for notes.  There is a slot at the back of the tablet that holds the pen when not in use.  The tablet also comes with a keyboard which the tablet plugs into yielding what looks and feels like a laptop.

Page 2 of 5 (99 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS