Windows 8 tablet

Page 5 of 5 (99 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 98 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 1706
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2013 8:50 AM

How is it as an ereader and can you highlight in it easily?  I sure wish I would have one.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors Tablet is resonating in my head now.Smile

Posts 120
Richard Kingston | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2013 9:25 AM

I have not used the 510, but I have used for 2 or 3 days an Asus tablet running Win8 with a similar Atom processor and 2GB RAM. My conclusion is "Don't do it". It is super slow to an unusable level. Also Logos 5 running in the desktop mode under Win8 does not allow you to touch into dialogue boxes e.g. to input a scripture reference. You need the active stylus of the more expensive Win8 tablets. with a keyboard and a trackpad, it would be navigatable. 

Hope that helps,

Richard.

Posts 12
Sean Crow | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2013 11:01 AM

Richard,

That ASUS tablet you mentioned that runs Win8, is it the Taichi model?

Thanks.

-Sean

Posts 120
Richard Kingston | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2013 11:30 AM

It was the ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400C 64GB 10.1. Spoke to Asus and they agreed that the Atom processor is low cost and does not have the power for intensive applications. Having said that it ran Windows 8 apps very nicely. 

Posts 1706
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:40 PM

I found this today online.  Hopefully it helps the rich person who can afford to buy one.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/notebooks/Samsung-ATIV-700T.htm

Posts 2080
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2013 10:28 AM

Hey Steve,

Just wanted to drop back in on this thread and say THANKS! I'm still getting to know this tablet, but I think it was a great buy. I was originally set on the Dell XPS 12 because I thought I needed something beefier, but I was wrong. This tablet handles Logos very well; I've observed very few page faults - ie. no excessive swap usage. When it does fault and need to page memory, the speed of the ssd negates most of the penalty usually seen when swapping. She's got plenty of speed. Also weighs quite a bit less than the Dell tablet I was looking at, though still a little on the heavy side. Screen is lovely, and the battery life is adequate (a keyboard dock with extra battery would be great). A little large in the hands which is good on the eyes, but takes a bit to get used to wielding it. The pen that comes with it is ok, but I really like the full size pen purchased separately. Picked up a generic case, hoping something better will come along soon.

It would be the perfect portable platform for the full Logos app if they could make it a bit more touch friendly, even if it's just a wee bit here and there along the way.

Overall, very very happy with it. Appreciate all the experience and info you've shared.

Thank you,

Randy

Posts 1706
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 15 2013 6:24 PM

Every time I have touched or held an MS Surface Pro its more than hot on my hand and in my hands.

Not going to pay 900 or more for a hot brick...nope!

No

Posts 46
Stephen Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 15 2013 7:36 PM

I have just purchased and test driven THE case for the Samsung Smart PC Pro 700T.  It's the IVSO® Slim-BOOK Stand Cover Case for Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro XE700T 11.6-Inch Tablet available from Amazon.  It's $16.95 with free shipping.  It fits the tablet perfectly (finally!), and you can also remove the stylus while the tablet is in the case (unlike most others).  This is the one ...

Posts 45
Darren Loechel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 20 2013 7:11 AM

Has anyone noticed any announcements of new Windows 8 tablets that might give the Surface Pro and 700T a run for their money?

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 20 2013 8:49 AM

Joshua Lieder:

Every time I have touched or held an MS Surface Pro its more than hot on my hand and in my hands.

Not going to pay 900 or more for a hot brick...nope!

No

Joshua,

I realize I have responded to a number of your posts about tablets, but I have to jump in on this post in particular. When I first looked at the Surface Pro in the stores, I thought it was way too hot. I dismissed it out of hand. However, after reading up on the heat issue online, I learned that many users said the heat became acceptable and battery life went up when you adjusted the advance power settings. So, I went back to the store to see if I could experience what these users said. When I adjusted the advance power settings on the Surface Pro in the store to about 30% brightness (still plenty bright) and throttled down the CPU speed to about 30%, I was pleasantly surprised that at after giving it a couple of minutes to cool down the Surface Pro's heat was at an acceptable level for me. And, the battery life increased. And, the performance was not affected at all.

So, the moral of this story is that when you look at the Surface Pro in the stores realize that they have them cranked up to operate at the highest brightness levels and CPU speed. 

These are not required for real use and are certainly not required for Logos to run well.

Posts 2080
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 21 2013 7:30 PM

Steve Charles:

I have just purchased and test driven THE case for the Samsung Smart PC Pro 700T.  It's the IVSO® Slim-BOOK Stand Cover Case for Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro XE700T 11.6-Inch Tablet available from Amazon.  It's $16.95 with free shipping.  It fits the tablet perfectly (finally!), and you can also remove the stylus while the tablet is in the case (unlike most others).  This is the one ...

Thanks for that Steve. I hadn't seen that one yet. I noticed Samsung put up three new sleeves/cases for it a little over a week ago, I think. I've been waiting to see some reviews trickle in on some of these that are finally starting to trickle out. Really looking forward to getting a nice sleeve for it.
Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 7 2013 9:12 PM

Darren Loechel:

Has anyone noticed any announcements of new Windows 8 tablets that might give the Surface Pro and 700T a run for their money?

Dell has an XPS 18 Tablet => http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-18-1810/pd that would not need 150 % magnification of screen icons.

Personally watching for 4th Generation i5 and i7.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 372
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 9 2013 8:09 AM

Hi Joshua,

The number or one star reviews is less than ten percent, which is fairly typical.

In Him,

Jim

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Posts 1706
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 11:10 AM

James I give the Surface Pro 1 star out of 5 for being able to turn on.Smile

Posts 45
Darren Loechel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 3:15 PM

G'day "Keep Smiling for Jesus",

Have you seen any 4th Generation i5 and i7 that you like yet?

Darren

Posts 27
Victor Morrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 5:22 PM

I absolutely love my Sony Vaio Duo 11 - it's a tablet/laptop hybrid with an Intel core i7-3537u 2.5GHz, 8g ram and 256gb SSD.  It comes with a digitizer pen.  I chose the Duo 11 over other flip style hybrids due to it's stability in an upright position.

Sony now has a Vaio 13 out that uses an Intel 4th gen chip.

Logos 5 works like a dream on this machine.  No lag time and everything is always available, unlike using an ipad.

Vic

Posts 1
Russ Kennedy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 12:45 PM

I have a new Dell Venue 8 Pro 64gb with 2gb of RAM. Logos works well in desktop though the initial indexing took a long time. I installed Logos on the SD Card and put all the books there. 

Seems to be working well but can't wait for the stylus, etc. 

Now the Logos App for Windows 8 is just sad compared to the Android App. Hope there is work being done on that.

Posts 1706
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2013 4:07 PM

Russ, I feel for you.  You are brave to dive into Windows 8.1 with so little ram too.

Noone at Logos really seems to care about developing touch Windows 8.1 Tablet capability...thats how it seems to me  Crying

Page 5 of 5 (99 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS