SPCK OT Intro Collection...er, sub-collection

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3531
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:57 AM

I noticed that this collection is actually part of a larger collection, of which these three resources are volumes 7, 10, & 15. Anyone know what this greater collection is? Thanks.

Posts 3531
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:06 AM

I guess the question is, what is the TEF Study Guide?

It is obviously produced by SPCK, but I don't know much more. I found some other volumes on Amazon, but there is no elucidation about TEF or what it stands for.

Posts 3531
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:18 AM

Hmmm, this isn't encouraging...

On the other hand, this page seems like quite the treasure trove. I know Logos has many of these titles, but I'm guessing that there are still many that could be added.

Posts 331
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:29 AM

I believe it stands for the Theological Education Fund ( of the World Council of Churches). 

Posts 222
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:32 AM

David Paul:

I guess the question is, what is the TEF Study Guide?

These were part of a church history course which has now been incorporated into the SPCK International Study Guides (ISG).

Posts 3531
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:39 AM

This is interesting. I found this self-referential excerpt while just quickly scrolling through the History of Israel volume...

So clearly, even though these three volumes are 7, 10, & 15 in a larger collection, they were also recognized as being a set apart collection of OT Introduction just as Logos offers it. I thought that Logos had chosen to cull the resources of this author from the larger collection to create this smaller one, but clearly that is not the case. Nevertheless, I still don't know what TEF stands for or what the larger collection entails, other than one volume on Exodus and another on Jeremiah which I found on Amazon.

Posts 3531
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:42 AM

Ah, both answers were helpful. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS