Uninstall ver 3

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Chris Eschhofen | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 4 2009 7:14 AM

I have limited space on my laptop and wondering about uninstalling ver 3 to make room. This won't cause any problems for the new ver 4 install, should it?

Thanks

Chris

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 7:26 AM

Sounds like your licenses would have already been updated through the Logos server, so you should be fine with uninstalling L3.

Posts 1627
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 7:28 AM

ChrisEschhofen:

I have limited space on my laptop and wondering about uninstalling ver 3 to make room. This won't cause any problems for the new ver 4 install, should it?

Removing version 3 will have no effect on version 4.

There are some things that version 3 can do that version4 can't yet. You won't be able to do those things if you need them. Details:  http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 7:29 AM

L4 does not "need" L3 to function.  Many people are using both simply because L3 still does some things that L4 does not do at this point.  I personally have not used L3 (except once) sinse my installation of L4.  However, I am still going to keep L3 (I have enough space) in case I am needing to perform some of those missing functions.

Posts 2
Chris Eschhofen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 7:46 AM

Thanks for the replies here guys. I will continue with both on the desktop for the time being, just that space is a premium for the laptop.

Chris

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS