Study Bible In-line Feature

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 1 2013 9:53 AM

Greetings :)

I would like to see an In-line feature for Study Bibles that allows for the display of the Commentary notes of ANY Study Bible to be Displayed using the current in-line tool, in conjunction with the bible currently being read. Thank you.  :)

Posts 21520
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:38 AM

Hi Douglas

Douglas:

Greetings :)

I would like to see an In-line feature for Study Bibles that allows for the display of the Commentary notes of ANY Study Bible to be Displayed using the current in-line tool, in conjunction with the bible currently being read. Thank you.  :)

Doesn't the current ability to link Bibles and Commentaries or Study Notes give you this?

I'm trying to understand what is missing.

Graham

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2013 4:03 PM

Multiple windows and display room, consecutive inline seems applicable in this case, especially with the expositors bible..

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2013 4:06 PM

I am not clear what you are wanting. Do you mean like the interlinears or like the Faithlife Study Bible can use more than one translation (i.e. it changes the bold face when translation changes? This was built into the FSB. Many commentaries used specific translations. I think its a copyright issue. They have to reproduce it, not alter which Bible was used by the commentary.

Posts 71
Rusty Davidson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2013 8:17 PM

I do not know if it is exactly like what you are thinking. But it would be nice if resources like the ESV Study Bible notes, Life Principle Bible study notes etc. were setup to be like the Notes functions. Currently they are a separate resource like a book. Instead of having to open a separate window and using Visual Filters for linking it to a text, they could be setup as a Note file. In this case, you could see a preview (or many case the full reference) in a pop-up by hovering a resource without losing desktop space.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS