Hebrew lemma/morph search NASB95, no results

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 38
Douglas Stolberg | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 1 2013 6:50 PM

On my desktop computer I get zero results whenever I do a "Search this resource" for a Hebrew lemma or a Hebrew morph search. The search works normally with the English text.

It works fine using NKJV or ESV. It also works fine on my laptop. Seems to be an issue on just the one computer for NASB interlinear only. Is there anything I can do to get it back? Is it an index issue?

Thanks for any ideas you may have.

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2013 11:28 PM

Hi Douglas

Are you able to post a screenshot showing the search generated by from "Search this resource" on your desktop?

Details are at http://wiki.logos.com/Screenshot

Graham

Posts 38
Douglas Stolberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 6:19 AM

Hi Graham,

Here is the screenshot of the NASB95 search followed by the same search using ESV.

Posts 1835
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 9:06 AM

Douglas,

That can be frustrating!! I cannot replicate. When I follow your steps, I get 6 hits in NASB95 (see screenshot)

Perhaps entering "rebuild bible index" in the command bar would fix the problem??

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 10:21 AM

Hi Douglas

I agree with David that rebuilding your bible index would be a good step.

If that doesn't fix it, please post a log after a failed search attempt to see if that tells us anything.

(Just to get one possibility out of the way. You are doing this in Logos 4 while both David and I are using L5. To eliminate the possibility of there being a problem here can you confirm that your laptop - on which the search works correctly - is also running L4?)

Could be worth checking if the version numbers of the resources on both of your platforms are the same.

Graham

Posts 38
Douglas Stolberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 4:39 PM

I appreciate your help. I keep my machines up to date so, yes, they are both on the same build (4.61.0.3387) and they are both Logos 4. My laptop is windows 7 while the desktop is XP but I don't think that would be the problem.

I am rebuilding as we "speak" so I'll let you know of the outcome.

Posts 24919
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 8:55 PM

Douglas Stolberg:
I am rebuilding as we "speak" so I'll let you know of the outcome.

Similar problem in this thread The outcome for the ESV was a "special procedure" from Logos Support if necessary!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 38
Douglas Stolberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 11:53 AM

Sorry I didn't return to this earlier but life continues and this became a lowere priority till today. I did do the re indexing as suggested but it didn't help. I figured the new update that Bradley mentioned would solve my issue; it didn't. I called Tech Support today. She told me that I had an older resource (NASB95) and simply deleted it in the resources directory and when the program restarted it recognized that NASB95 was missing and downloaded the newer version. It now works as advertised. Thanks so much to Graham, David, and Dave for your suggestions. And thanks Tech Support for the solution.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS