LE update scripts for Logos 3

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 34 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3737
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 4 2009 8:27 AM

Click on the applicable link below to update your Logos 3 library with the resources you have in Logos 4.

§ Christian Home

§ Bible Study Library

§ Leader's Library

§ Original Languages Library

§ Scholar's Library

§ Scholar's Library: Silver

§ Scholar's Library: Gold

§ Scholar's Library: Platinum

§ Logos Bible Software 4: Portfolio Edition

§ Minimal Crossgrade

Warning: This could be a very large download—up to 6GBs of files. If you can’t handle that, your best option is to purchase the media-only DVD.

§ Logos Bible Software 3 Media Only (LE) [DVD-ROM] (comes on one dual-layer DVD)

§ Logos Bible Software for Mac 1.2.2 Media Only (LE) [DVD-ROM] (comes on two single-layer DVDs)

If you need a CD set (on 12 disks), it’s available for special order by calling 800-875-6467.

Posts 9130
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 8:58 AM

Thanks. Glad to see this is finally available.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 6:05 PM

I tried to download the Scholar's Library: Platinum link... 3 very long unsucessful attempts. I finally gave up and ordered the CDs. Anybody have success downloading the Platinum updaate?

Posts 191
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 6:27 PM

I had it close to done and then it gave me an error message. I check and none of the books is downloaded. So I start it again and it begins from the very beginning. How frustrating.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 6:27 PM

James Thompson:

I tried to download the Scholar's Library: Platinum link... 3 very long unsucessful attempts. I finally gave up and ordered the CDs. Anybody have success downloading the Platinum updaate?

Peace and Joy in the Lord to you, James.

I was able to successfully download the "Portfolio Library."              Must say .....     it did take a while !            *smile*

Yours in Christ,

..........  Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 191
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 6:28 PM

It was running for at least 6 hours.

Posts 9130
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 9:10 PM

James Thompson:
I tried to download the Scholar's Library: Platinum link... 3 very long unsucessful attempts. I

I had two unsuccessful attempts. Both times it failed on the Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 29
Jeff Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 9:24 PM

My update also hung up on the Holman illustrated Bible Dictionary. Go to ftp.logos.com and go into the LbxBooks folder and manually download the file HLMNILLBBLDICT.lbxlls and put it in your resources folder. Run L3 and have it discover resources and then go back and rerun the script and see if it fixes your problem.

Posts 3737
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 9:29 PM

If you clear the check box by Resources in the update window, you can choose not to download everything an once but only part of it. This can be a better way to do it on so large a download. If one title seems to be the problem, then clear the check box by it, download the rest and then attempt it alone. Subsequent runs of the scripts should come up with only the resources that are not already installed.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 9:30 PM

Francis:

Warning: This could be a very large download—up to 6GBs of files. If you can’t handle that, your best option is to purchase the media-only DVD.

I had already manually downloaded most of the Portfolio titles to my Version 3 laptop when you first posted this. If I run the script now will it just add those resources I don't yet have or will it replace or duplicate everything?

I am having dificulty finding these files on the server:
A Concise Coptic–English Lexicon
The Nature and Extent of God's Knowledge
The New Atheism & The Erosion of Freedom 
Winning the War Against Radical Islam
I can't seem to find a logical file name.

If I have the hard drive space, why shouldn't I load ALL resources onto my Version 3 laptop?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 29
Jeff Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 9:40 PM

Francis - you had a much better idea than what I had - just check a few boxes at a time... What a concept Surprise

Posts 191
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 10:29 PM

OK, I have 3 computers with Libronix on them. One of them is a netbook with XP and I only have L3 on it. The other two laptops have Windows 7 and L3 AND L4 on them. Both of my downloads for the upgrade to L3 failed. The netbook had a successful download and install. I thought this was very interesting. Holman installed no problem.

Posts 191
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 10:31 PM

Sorry, the downloads on my Windows 7 machines (more than adequate specs) failed and the netbook succeeded.

Posts 3737
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 7:49 AM

I find that downloading resources takes more time than copying them, so if you have several computers and the ability to write a DVD-RW one option would be -- once the download was successful on one computer -- to write a dvd and use it with the other computers.

The resource manager under library management will find unlocked resources provided that you have synced licenses in Logos 3 on that computer (see under tools/library management).

Posts 3737
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 7:56 AM

Matthew, perhaps if other proud owners of the Portfolio collection were successful in downloading these titles, they could look them up under "About this resource" and give you the file name. I am not one of these. Of course, considering the Christmas is around the corner, a workaround would be for you to make a generous donation and then I can tell you the filenames Big Smile

Other possibility: I am not sure that absolutely all titles have downloaded yet in my Silver LE library upgrade. I think there are a few missing. Other Portfolio users could share whether they are missing the same titles you listed or not.

Posts 13391
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 8:07 AM

The script will check and only download those items that are either new or updated. It distinguises between the two, so you don't have to download updated resources unless you want to.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 8:40 AM

Matthew C Jones:

Francis:

I had already manually downloaded most of the Portfolio titles to my Version 3 laptop when you first posted this. If I run the script now will it just add those resources I don't yet have or will it replace or duplicate everything?

I am having dificulty finding these files on the server:
A Concise Coptic–English Lexicon
The Nature and Extent of God's Knowledge
The New Atheism & The Erosion of Freedom 
Winning the War Against Radical Islam
I can't seem to find a logical file name.

If I have the hard drive space, why shouldn't I load ALL resources onto my Version 3 laptop?

Matthew!      (gift of God!  My son is Matthew!)         Peace and Joy in the Lord!             *smile*

I also have portfolio and looked these up for you.  Hope it is helpful!       

Yours in Christ,

Mel

A CONCISE COPTIC-ENGLISH LEXICON Second Edition:
   Available C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources\CNCOPTLEX.lbxlls 2006-11-01T22:31:35Z

The Nature and Extent of God’s Knowledge:  Available C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources\NTREXTGDKNW.lbxlls 2006-03-24T03:03:57Z

The New Atheism and ..........     :  Available C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources\NWATHERSFRDM.lbxlls 2006-03-24T03:05:22Z

Winning the War Against Radical Islam:  Available C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources\WARRDCLISLM.lbxlls 2006-03-24T05:18:08Z

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 8:42 AM

Francis:

Matthew, perhaps if other proud owners of the Portfolio collection were successful in downloading these titles, they could look them up under "About this resource" and give you the file name. I am not one of these. Of course, considering the Christmas is around the corner, a workaround would be for you to make a generous donation and then I can tell you the filenames Big Smile

Other possibility: I am not sure that absolutely all titles have downloaded yet in my Silver LE library upgrade. I think there are a few missing. Other Portfolio users could share whether they are missing the same titles you listed or not.

Great idea, Francis!          Peace to you!                       Just did that!         *smile*              Yours in Christ,          Mel

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 9:30 AM

Milford Charles Murray:
I also have portfolio and looked these up for you.  Hope it is helpful!   

Thank you , Mel. I now have all 4 missing titles. I would have never found them the way my mind thinks. Those files names just don't makes sense to me.

I decided to run the update script anyway, Good thing I did. There were another 2.5GB of resources that I had missed with my manual system. The script only dealt with missing resources and was fast and efficient. I highly recommend everybody use the script to avoid missing something..

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5572
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 9:36 AM

Matthew C Jones:
Thank you , Mel. I now have all 4 missing titles. I would have never found them the way my mind thinks. Those files names just don't makes sense to me

Are you saying that you found titles missing from L3, that are now found in L3? Or are you saying, you've now found titles in L4 that were missing from L4?

I really don't want to load L3 down with duplication of titles I already have in L4. I'm only keeping L3 for my notes and the sermon file add-in (until they transfer), and if I have a lot of CBV work to do.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS