How do I get all of my presentation onto the App

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 32
OCGF1 | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 2 2013 9:45 AM

I would like to be able to allow people in the congregation to see 'all of my slides' in a presentation on their cell phones or tablets.  I can only get the Bible Verses only but not any other slides.  This would be great especially for those who are vision impaired and for those who want to do follow up at home.  For some reason we are not able to get anything other than verses.

• Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Media Center
  • AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core 2.5 GHz
  • OCZ DDR2 8Gb
  • Logos 5
  • Proclaim
Posts 23222
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 10:30 AM

OCGF1:
I would like to be able to allow people in the congregation to see 'all of my slides' in a presentation on their cell phones or tablets.

I don't believe you can do this.

Bible verses are displayed using signals and there is a defined set of signals which can be used:

• Bible Reference
  • Calendar Event
  • Contact Card
  • Donation Request
  • Logos 4 Reference
  • Web Address

(These can be added to slides in the slide editor under the "Signals" menu)

There isn't an option - to the best of my knowledge - to just broadcast any slide content.

If there is, I am sure someone will correct meSmile

Graham

Posts 81
Ps3 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 5:22 AM

Thanks Graham, if this is so, then its a major disappointment. No

• Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Surface Pro
  • Windows Phone Denim
  • Logos 5 Gold
  • Proclaim
Posts 23222
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 5:38 AM

It sounds as though you are looking for a "view-only" implementation of the currently available remote control app:

Logos would need to comment on the feasibility or likelihood of this becoming available.

Graham

Posts 81
Ps3 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 6:40 AM

Yes, exactly. I currently use this app from time to time. A "view only" version only seems logical and presumably simple to do if its a matter of removing the control aspect. This definitely should be on the agenda for the app guys.Wink

• Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Surface Pro
  • Windows Phone Denim
  • Logos 5 Gold
  • Proclaim
Posts 23222
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 6:58 AM

Ps3:
A "view only" version only seems logical and presumably simple to do if its a matter of removing the control aspect.

It could - potentially - generate a lot of server and network traffic if you had a lot of people in the congregation using this at the same time (and this was being done in lots of different churches). This would be something the Logos team would need to think about.

Hopefully one of them will comment.

Posts 32
OCGF1 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 9:05 AM

Yes, I could see that.  There may be a way to offer additional slides as a 'signal' or 'tag' a slide.  This way we would be able to select the slides we want to transmit. They could also limit slides to 'data only' to limit congestion.  I would also guess that any church that offers this feature would have to be sure they had enough bandwidth to serve their congregation size.  

Yes, hopefully someone 'in the know' from Logos will comment.

• Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Media Center
  • AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core 2.5 GHz
  • OCZ DDR2 8Gb
  • Logos 5
  • Proclaim
Posts 159
Matthew Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2013 8:30 PM

We are not currently planning to make the mobile device an additional display so the congregation has the exact slides presented. The Proclaim signal functionality is a supplement to the teaching. They have been designed as subtle alerts to keep the congregation engaged in the message and scriptures. You can, however, vote on this feature to see what other users may also be interested in something similar. http://proclaim.uservoice.com/

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS