Can't add more Bibles to my Mac Logos 4?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Phillip Chan | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 4 2009 10:40 AM

Hi,

I just installed Logos 4 Bible Study Edition on both my PC and my Mac. I'm aware that there are some UI deficiencies in the Mac alpha version, but I'm having an issue with some basic functionality.

I can't seem to add my favorite Bible ESV. On my Windows version there is a "plus" sign right next to the tabs where the Bibles are listed but I don't see it on my mac. I've looked through my library as well and there doesn't seem to be an ESV there anyway. I've installed it correctly, Im' pretty sure it's done indexing, and Im' pretty sure I'm logged in. I'm using the Alpha 5 version.

Here is a screenshot showing my library not containing ESV and the lack of that "plus" sign.

http://phillipchan1.com/ss.png

Any help would be much appreciated!

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 12:57 PM

So if I am reading you right, you are not seeing your ESV in the Library?

Did you try typing in ESV?

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2
Phillip Chan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 1:07 PM
Yeah, I did both.
Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 1:13 PM

bummer.  It does show up in my Library browser, for Alpha 5 so it seems there may be a bug

I think you should post your indexing logs and maybe the developers can figure out why it is not showing.

Posts 40
Richard Teschendorf | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 1:16 PM

Try sorting your library by ty;e and look for Bibles.  It's there as "English Standard Version".  I find that the search doesn't always work correctly.

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 1:16 PM

I am not sure if there was another part to your questions about the '+' sign, but that feature is not yet in the Alpha.  For now, one method you can use it to drag the resource from the Library and place it where you want it.

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 1:27 PM

Richard Teschendorf:
Try sorting your library by ty;e and look for Bibles.  It's there as "English Standard Version".  I find that the search doesn't always work correctly.

another way might be to type ESV into the command box on the Home Page and see if it shows up there.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS