How to transfer a license

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 54
Charles Cherry | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 4 2009 10:57 AM

I called support, but they told me I would have to wait on hold for over 45 minutes...Angry

How do I get a license transferred quickly? We have a missionary going to the field in a few days, and someone has offered to give him their copy of Logos. We need to transfer the license, download the software, upgrade it, and all that, before he leaves.

I have a very busy work schedule, and waiting on hold for 45 minutes to an hours isn't going to fly...

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 10:59 AM

If I were you, I'd call back at a different time.  The wait will probably be not as long. 

Posts 646
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 11:04 AM

I believe it costs $25 or so to transfer licenses. I think they have to do this by hand so you better get on the phone with them. Or just let the missionary take the computer.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/5120/40307.aspx#40307

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 11:16 AM

It is my understanding that you will need to talk to someone from Logos, as this can not be done manually.

Posts 54
Charles Cherry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 11:37 AM

Thanks for your responses. I was afraid this would have to be done manually. 

We were just notified of this donation today, and the missionary is flying out next Wednesday. We are all incredibly busy getting them ready to go, and along with a busy work and church schedule, the idea of sitting on the phone on hold for an hour fills me with dread.

Just giving the missionary the computer isn't a viable option - it belongs to a donor, not me; he already has a laptop; and he is very limited in how much he can carry.

Thanks again.

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 11:46 AM

Remember Logos is on Pacific time, so they are open until 7pm Central.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 12:01 PM

Logos phone support is the ONLY way to make a transfer.  

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 54
Charles Cherry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 1:59 PM

Update:

Logos called me back! Big Smile

I know their customer service reps are swamped, but they found time to call me back and get the transfer moving, so that everything can be done before our missionary leaves on Wednesday.

When I emailed them to let them know that our missionary is going to be in a restricted-access country with limited or no Internet access, and that we had very little time to get this transfer accomplished, someone from customer support called me back right away.

Now that is how customer service is supposed to work!

Thanks, Logos!

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 2:32 PM

CharlesCherry:

Now that is how customer service is supposed to work!

Thanks, Logos!

While this seems suprising, it is the norm for Logos. Glad you got some help.Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS