Upgrading and won't download resources

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 24
William Hatfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 3 2013 2:04 PM

I had Logos installed on the second partition of my hard drive (d:).  When upgrading to Logos 5 it is trying to download and install on the first partition (c:) but I don't have enough room on c.   How can I fix this?

Posts 24242
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 2:40 PM

Whether upgrading from the link on your Order page or via a download to Logos 4 it will overwrite your Logos 4 installation on D:, but it will first copy some installation files to C:

Unless you have good reason to suspect it is doing anything different I would let it proceed (make sure D: drive is still accessible)

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 24
William Hatfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 2:44 PM

I'm trying to let it proceed.  It filled up c and then stops giving me a message that it stopped downloading resources because of lack of space.

Posts 24242
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 3:32 PM

Please provide more information.

How did you start the upgrade?

Are you logged onto the Windows user account from where you access your installation on D: drive? When you look at the registry key (in Regedit.exe) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logos4 what is the path at InstallDirectory?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 24
William Hatfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2013 7:11 AM

After buying Logos 5, I downloaded the installer for pc and ran it.  It didn't give me an option to install to d:.  

Yes, I'm logged into the correct account.

The registery key says c:...  not d:...

Posts 24
William Hatfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2013 7:17 AM

I changed the registry keys from c to d and it seems to be downloading now...  I'll let you know if it gives me problems.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS