Logos crashes every time I use Bible Word Study

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 112
T MacLeod | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 4 2013 3:32 AM

This morning I tried to use the Bible Word Study feature. As it was generating the results, it crashed. I tried it four more times, had four more crashes. This hasn't happened before, though I haven't used the Bible Word Study in a while, so I can't pinpoint exactly when the problem started.

Anyone have any ideas?

Posts 21847
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2013 4:04 AM

Were you doing the same thing on all five occasions or different searches?

Can you provide an instance of a study which causes a crash?

Can you enable logging and upload logs as per http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging?

Thanks, Graham 

Posts 112
T MacLeod | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2013 11:40 AM

Graham,

In some instances I tried right clicking on the word, choosing the lemma, and selecting Bible Word Study from the pop up menu. Other times I tried selecting Bible Word Study from the Tools menu and typing it in. I tried several different words, all with the same result.

The log files generated seem to be different than in Logos 4. I've included all four of the files that were generated.

5611.Logos Logs.zip

Posts 27545
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2013 11:46 AM

Was the same layout used? If so, have you tried starting from a blank layout and performing the word study?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 112
T MacLeod | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2013 12:03 PM

alabama24:

Was the same layout used? If so, have you tried starting from a blank layout and performing the word study?

Yes, I've tried both with a blank layout, the existing layout, and a previously saved layout, and the result was the same every time.

I just tried doing a study of some other words. English words work fine, whether typed in or by right-clicking on a word in an open Bible.

Hebrew words work when typed in, but not when right-clicked.

Greek words don't work either way.

Posts 26257
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2013 12:30 PM

If your highest priority Bible is the NRSV, this is a known problem. Switching to the ESV solves the problem.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 112
T MacLeod | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 4 2013 1:14 PM

Thanks, M.J., that worked.

(I'm not a big fan of the ESV, so I hope this is a temporary problem.)

Posts 7982
LogosEmployee

T MacLeod:

(I'm not a big fan of the ESV, so I hope this is a temporary problem.)

Yes, it is temporary and will be fixed in 5.0b Beta 2: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/62851/448470.aspx#448470

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS