Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade is FREE?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 65
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:10 PM

Hello All:

Can someone explain to me why the minimal Crossgrade is up as free, 100% off, when in November, I purchased it for $155.00?  I was told that the Logos 5 engine would be free in January, but that the resources that have been designed specifically for Logos 5 needed to be purchased, and that is why I needed to purchase Logos 5 minimal crossgrade (at least, that's what the guy on the phone said.)  Am I missing something?  I must be.  Can someone please explain.  Thanks.

Posts 4377
LogosEmployee

I think this is a result of the "dynamic pricing" system on logos.com. The Minimal Crossgrade would be free (if you bought it again) because you own everything in it.

If you sign out of Logos.com (using the menu under your name at the top-right), the price should go back up to $159.95.

Posts 259
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:17 PM

I suspect the pricing tool is taking into account what you already own when calculating the upgrade price. Since you already own it, there would be no upgrade cost.

Edit: Bradley beat me to the punch!

Posts 5003
Forum MVP
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:18 PM

It shows as free BECAUSE you already own it.  All the base packages (including the minimal crossgrade) show the discounted price based on what you own.  If you own everything in a base package, then the price is zero.  Because of this, every base package at or below the level I own shows up at zero cost.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Moving Logos between systems / Detailed Search Help - ThinkPad T520: 2.4GHz i5-2430M, 8GB, 7200RPM HD, integrated video

Posts 16221
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:20 PM

Cynthia in Florida:
Am I missing something?  I must be.  Can someone please explain.

It's free because you already own it. Wink

OSX 10.10 | iOS 8 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 13217
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:21 PM

On 30 Nov 2012, Logos posted a blog article => http://blog.logos.com/2012/11/5-ways-to-move-to-logos-5/

When searching Logos.com for Minimal Crossgrade, noticed grey buttons for "Add to cart" that indicate already licensed:

Clicking on Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade shows dynamic upgrade price of $ 0.00 since already have a license for all Minimal Crossgrade resources:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 65
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:24 PM

Thanks everyone for explaining.  I hate to state the obvious, but wouldn't it make more sense to have a "you already own this" button instead of saying something is free when...that's like the sign in the restaurant that says "Free Food Tomorrow."!?!?!?

Posts 13217
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:30 PM

Cynthia in Florida:
I hate to state the obvious, but wouldn't it make more sense to have a "you already own this" button

+1 Yes for Changing grey "Add to cart" to "Already licensed" on Logos.com and Vyrso.com

Clicking "Add to cart" causes message to appear about item automatically removed from cart since already have a license.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3010
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:39 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

+1 Yes for Changing grey "Add to cart" to "Already licensed" on Logos.com and Vyrso.com

+1 Yes Here, too.

On that topic, shopping at Vyrso is MUCH easier than shopping at Logos... MANY fewer clicks to buy one item. Why????

The Grace & Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!
Pastor Bill, Faith Presbyterian Church

W8.1 64bit, Office 2010
i7, 2.40GHz, 1Gb graphics, 8Gb RAM, 7200rpm 750Gb-32Gb hybrid disk
HTC One M8, Droid 4.4.2

Posts 1899
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:32 PM

Cynthia in Florida:

Thanks everyone for explaining.  I hate to state the obvious, but wouldn't it make more sense to have a "you already own this" button instead of saying something is free when...that's like the sign in the restaurant that says "Free Food Tomorrow."!?!?!?

Ok Cynthia, not calling you a liar, but can you post a snap shot of the screen that reads "it's free"? Because I own Logos 5 (with the MC along with the L4 MC) and it doesn't say like you say "It's Free" it's only grayed out to show I already own it and the obvious to me and should be to you "Your Price $0.00" What's not obvious about "Your price $0.00" after all it's YOUR price not your neighbor's price or your pastor's price?

LOL I'm just giving you a hard time.  But yes, I vote for a button that appears to current owners as "You already own this resource" instead of "Add to Cart" but then again, if I'm adding to cart and it won't let me add to cart because it's grayed out and  my price is $0.00, then I guess I'm ok with it. 

By the way the "You already own this resource or part of this collection" appears on the comparison chart when you're trying to do an upgrade with base packages.  Anyway, have a good night!

Blessings!

DAL

Posts 3549
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 5 2013 10:16 PM

So if I want to get a couple of extra copies to have around the house, I get those for $0.00???

Yes, please! I'll have a dozen!!

Posts 1899
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 6 2013 6:23 PM

David Paul:

So if I want to get a couple of extra copies to have around the house, I get those for $0.00???

Yes, please! I'll have a dozen!!

I'll tell you what I'll do: I'll buy several copies and resell them cheaper than Logos does to those users who want a lower price.  I'll resell them at $70 bucks per MC, that'll cover the $20 license transfer and then I can make a $50 profit and beat Logos when it comes to offering the cheapest price possible on the MC...GeekedAngelStick out tongue

DAL Wink

Posts 1899
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 6 2013 7:58 PM

Cynthia in Florida:

I hate to state the obvious, but wouldn't it make more sense to have a "you already own this" button..."

We already have that button all you need to do is hover your mouse over the grayed out button and it'll tell you "You already own this resource." Check it out:

Posts 3549
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 7 2013 12:46 AM

DAL =  Displays Applied Logic

Geeked

Posts 65
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 7 2013 4:11 AM

DAL:

Cynthia in Florida:

I hate to state the obvious, but wouldn't it make more sense to have a "you already own this" button..."

We already have that button all you need to do is hover your mouse over the grayed out button and it'll tell you "You already own this resource." Check it out:

Hello Dal:  I went and checked, and it does do that, but it isn't logical to me.  Why would I click "Add to Cart" when I KNOW I already own it, so I would never click add to cart in order to see the "you already own this."  Instead of "add to cart", THAT is where the "you already own this" should pop up.  Further, to say "Your Price $0.00" is confusing.  It makes it look like the product is on sale for free, which led to the confusion in my original post.  Unless someone is familiar with the pricing and knows to hover (which I didn't), then the pricing becomes confusing.  At least, for me... and while I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, I'm not without a point!

Again, I thank you all for your time clearing this up for me, although marketing might want to rethink this, as for some...it's as "clear as mud."

Blessings,

Cynthia

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS