Logos 5: System Requirements for Windows 8

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
Steven Luethy | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 5 2013 11:29 PM

Hello

I buy a new computer with Windows 8 64-bit and would like to work with logos 5. I have seen the Logos Bible Software 5 System Requirements but I have still some questions. https://www.logos.com/support/tech-faq#requirements

• Windows 8 ist not okay? It must be Windows 8 Pro?
  • Does exist a logos 5 64-bit version?
  • How much memory is useful for logos 5? + 6GB of RAM is recommended. + 6MB are recommended for logos or the whole system (windows 8, logos 5 ... )? 
  • The memory of my new computer can be between 8GB and 16GB. 16GB RAM improve the performance of the system (and logos 5) significantly over 8GB?

Thanks for the information.
Steven

Posts 24951
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 6 2013 12:44 AM

1. Windows 8 is OK but you may as well get 8 Pro with the good pricing.

2. Logos is 32-bit only

3. 6 GB RAM is good for Logos and Win 8, but Logos/Win 8 will work in 4 GB; which I have.

4. Memory over 4 GB is better for Windows as Logos can only use 2 GB memory. The amount of multitasking (running apps at the same time) you do, plus the requirements of other programs should determine how much memory you need e.g. 64-bit programs need more memory than 32-bit.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 6 2013 12:44 PM

Steven Luethy:
I have seen the Logos Bible Software 5 System Requirements but I have still some questions. https://www.logos.com/support/tech-faq#requirements

Noticed recommended requirements have internal Hard Disk Drive (HDD) space.  Logos performs better with faster storage: HDD or Solid State Disk (SSD).

Personally have Logos 5 custom installed on SSD in a 17" laptop that has two storage drives.

Looking at Logos system requirements, would recommend 2nd or 3rd Generation i5 or i7 CPU.

Logos 5 is resource intensive application.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 6 2013 2:17 PM

I vote for the solid state drive, i7processor, at least 8GB RAM and a dedicated graphics card.  There is absolutely no lag time for me with my latest laptop and those specs.  It could not be faster.

EDIT:  Windows 8 edition, not Pro. I didn't need Pro and saved a little money.

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 6 2013 6:52 PM

Joan Korte:
I vote for the solid state drive, i7processor, at least 8GB RAM and a dedicated graphics card.  There is absolutely no lag time for me with my latest laptop and those specs.  It could not be faster.

Joan I envy you. Now I can only dream. Yes

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 5
Samuel Jurado | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 4:17 PM

Hello Joan thanks for the info, does the dedicated GC make a difference with Logos.

Posts 12
Donna Groskopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 6:38 PM

How do I download and put logos 5 on my new windows 8 computer? I can't find the download anywhere

Posts 24951
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 9:41 PM

Donna

If you upgraded to Logos 5 (or got the Crossgrade) then the link is in the relevant section of your Orders page on logos.com. No free version is available.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2013 7:51 AM

Samuel Jurado:

Hello Joan thanks for the info, does the dedicated GC make a difference with Logos.

Samuel,

I based my choices on the advice I distilled from knowledge shared on the forums by those who are skilled in all things IT.  One suggestion was to get a dedicated graphics card.  Also, the solid state hard drive was recommended.  I took every piece of advice and wanted to leave no stone unturned in making my selection.  Many post their specs for a new computer before they buy to get the feedback on the forums.  Great advice!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS