Copy Bible Verses

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 35
Peter Junor | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 4 2009 2:40 PM

I have come across a curious thing and am wondering if the problem is local to me, or something more wide spread.

When I copy & paste bible verses I have noticed that some of the spaces between words go missing, particularly in the NLT but also in the NIV. (see below).  I noticed this in first in Word, and when I went back to check the "Copy" tile in L4, sure enough there it was on the screen as well.

Luke 1:67–80

Then his father, Zechariah, was filled with the Holy Spirit and gave this prophecy:68 "Praise the Lord, the God of Israel,because he has visited and redeemed his people.69 He has sent us a mighty Saviorfrom the royal line of his servant David,70 just as he promisedthrough his holy prophets long ago.71 Now we will be saved from our enemiesand from all who hate us.72 He has been merciful to our ancestorsby remembering his sacred covenant—73 the covenant he swore with an oathto our ancestor Abraham.74 We have been rescued from our enemiesso we can serve God without fear,75 in holiness and righteousnessfor as long as we live.76 "And you, my little son,will be called the prophet of the Most High,because you will prepare the way for the Lord.77 You will tell his people how to find salvationthrough forgiveness of their sins.78 Because of God’s tender mercy,the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us,79 to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death,and to guide us to the path of peace."80

John grew up and became strong in spirit. And he lived in the wilderness until he began his public ministry to Israel.

(NLT)

Any thoughts?

Peter

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 2:57 PM

Peter, I can duplicate your results. I'm not sure what the issue here is but there are several ongoing issues with CBV. There are recent posts indicating shortcomings with this function. Melissa has promised to let us know when they've made some progress in this area.

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 4:10 PM

James Thompson:

Peter, I can duplicate your results. I'm not sure what the issue here is but there are several ongoing issues with CBV. There are recent posts indicating shortcomings with this function. Melissa has promised to let us know when they've made some progress in this area.

Thank you James for the notice. I have seen this as well. I also have a different problem with CBV. When I attempt to insert a verse using CBV in the document I am working on it opens a new Word doc and puts the passage there. I have had to copy the verse from the new doc and paste it in the one I am working on. This has only happened recently as it was working better a week ago. I miss using smart tags for pasting my verses. CBV is nice in that I can customize how my references appear.

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 2:47 AM

This behave seems to occur when the bible text (lines) is indented (as here or in the psalms eg.). I found the same behaviour in my swedish bible as well.

Posts 4
William D Tyree III | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 3:14 AM

Daniel Bender:

I also have a different problem with CBV. When I attempt to insert a verse using CBV in the document I am working on it opens a new Word doc and puts the passage there. I have had to copy the verse from the new doc and paste it in the one I am working on.

The same things occurs when I copy to PowerPoint.  Has a fix been posted or is there a work around?  Right now it is much easier for me to copy and paste from L3.

Posts 1706
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 7:02 PM

Thanks -- I'll report this.

Posts 35
Peter Junor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 1:28 PM

I hadn't noticed that connection with the indents - you are very observant!

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 8:13 AM

Hello Peter,

I'm not able to reproduce this with the two Fully Formatted styles, however, in all the other styles, words do run together in indented text.  This has been reported.

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 35
Peter Junor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2009 2:42 AM

I have noted a related problem - the bible verson quoted with the reference seems to have trouble when you are copy & pasting from "The Message", it just leaves empty Brackets ()

thus...

James 4:1 () 1 Where do you think all these appalling wars and quarrels come from?

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 7:23 AM

Peter Junor:

I have noted a related problem - the bible verson quoted with the reference seems to have trouble when you are copy & pasting from "The Message", it just leaves empty Brackets ()

thus...

James 4:1 () 1 Where do you think all these appalling wars and quarrels come from?

Thank you. I'll add that to the case.  ~ Melissa

Posts 12
Stan Lubeck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 8:44 PM

I have Macros that did a wonderful job of manipulating the CBV module in L3.  What now?

Here is a video of what I was able to do with the Macros...

http://www.lifehousechurchrocklin.org/VideoL/Libronix3Macros.html

Posts 35
Peter Junor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 10:04 PM

That is exceedingly cool, Stan!

You get my vote for a promotion of this, to L4!

Goodonya!  Wouldn't mind a copy of that macro - pkjunor@tpg.com.au

Blessings, Peter

Posts 12
Stan Lubeck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 7:49 AM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hello Peter:

Thanks for your encouragement on the macros from L3.  The goal is to get that usefulness in L4 so we don’t have to load both programs to get work done… J  I’m encouraged to see that L4 4.0a has an added functionality of the Copy Bible Verses module.  If you have that latest update… then, with L4 open you can use the hot keys of “ctrl alt b” to open Copy Bible Verses from anywhere in Windows and paste into Word.  It also now allows you to insert multiple verses.  A definite step in the right direction.

Blessings,

Stan

Posts 3
Lyndel Lee Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:26 AM

I am having this trouble too.  They need to do a fix.  I miss the little Bible icon in my system tray that Logos 3 had.  Why would they make this more complicated? 

Posts 3701
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:29 AM

LyndelLeeSr:
miss the little Bible icon in my system tray that Logos 3 had.  Why would they make this more complicated?

Previously requested.
Previously seconded.
For emphasis, Yes +1 again.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:31 AM

LyndelLee,

They are working on improving CBV, as can be seen in the above threads, they are making progress.

The system tray issue is something that Microsoft is pushing them not to do - MS doesn't want a bunch of sys tray icons. The keyboard shortcut is an alternative. They know this is an issue and will continue to work on it, be patient and use L3 if you really need it.

Posts 3701
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:44 AM

Chris Elford:
The system tray issue is something that Microsoft is pushing them not to do - MS doesn't want a bunch of sys tray icons.

Big Smile Does that mean we should stop wanting it?

The way things like this get turned around is user demand, not lining up behind the tech giants... Devil

Nevertheless, the status quo is as you say. Smile

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS