Highlighting: two changes programmers should make

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 187
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 8 2013 6:37 AM

Love the highlighting feature, love that you can key it to a keystroke. I wish I could select words by double-clicking and dragging, as in other apps, but I understand that that would overlap a more important function (instant search).

Here, however, are two things I think the code-writers should change:

1. Highlighting should be subject to the universal Ctrl+Z function. More than once, due to the program's occasional twitchiness, I think I select the text I want and do the keystroke, only to find I've selected much more. For instance, some minor twitch today selected paragraphs and paragraphs and paragraphs. I had no option but to select them again and erase, thus losing all the individual highlighting I'd previously done. This isn't as should be, and it should be changed.
  2. Allow highlighting in footnotes. It isn't allowed, and it should be.

There y'go. If you know any better way to get this to Their attention. please let me know.

Posts 10865
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:34 AM

Daniel J. Phillips:
More than once, due to the program's occasional twitchiness, I think I select the text I want and do the keystroke, only to find I've selected much more. For instance, some minor twitch today selected paragraphs and paragraphs and paragraphs. I had no option but to select them again and erase, thus losing all the individual highlighting I'd previously done

Couldn't you just delete this mis-placed highlight from the respective notes file, leaving the others intact? Not as intuitive than a simple "undo" feature, but should work (I'm not at my L5 PC currently to verify)

Daniel J. Phillips:
Allow highlighting in footnotes. It isn't allowed, and it should be.

Yes, Yes, Yes!

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 10865
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:41 AM

Daniel J. Phillips:
There y'go. If you know any better way to get this to Their attention. please let me know.

• Put this into the suggestions forum (which currently takes suggestions for resources as well as features - Logos says they monitor it for the resources, but there's not much feedback there)
  • Put this into the beta forum - this is actively monitored by Logos
  • Look whether a uservoice feature suggestion exists (could well be one for a general undo and one for the highlighting in footnotes) and assign votes to it. Logos infrequently responds with "declined" (rarely) "planned", "started" etc.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 23197
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 10:10 AM

Daniel J. Phillips:
Highlighting should be subject to the universal Ctrl+Z function. More than once, due to the program's occasional twitchiness, I think I select the text I want and do the keystroke, only to find I've selected much more. For instance, some minor twitch today selected paragraphs and paragraphs and paragraphs. I had no option but to select them again and erase, thus losing all the individual highlighting I'd previously done. This isn't as should be, and it should be changed.

In the absence of this function does http://wiki.logos.com/Highlighting#To_Undo_Highlighting help?

Posts 187
Daniel J. Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 8 2013 10:21 AM

Thanks Mick, and thanks Graham.

Mick, I don't know where those are, easily, but you may be right. Not very much a Power User yet. Wink

Graham, a form of that would have worked. If I right-click in the mis-highlighted portion, the popup does give the "Remove annotations" option, and it looks as if that would have just removed the part I just did in error. Thanks, that's very helpful for the future!

But, for my error today... tooooooo laaaaaaaaaaaaaaate!

Posts 67
Scott Groethe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 1:44 AM

Perhaps you have had a different experience but I just did that (right click remove annotations) and it wiped all out for me.

Posts 25856
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 1:53 AM

Hi Scott

You just responded to a post nearly two years old!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS