Complete Index to Spurgeon's Sermons (Logos Edition)

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 44 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 48
nl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2020 11:21 PM

Another one to come across this in 2020 :)

This is is massively helpful to me and will mean my consumption of Spurgeon sermons will go through the roof! Thanks, if you're still around :)

Posts 1198
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 4:59 PM

nl:

Another one to come across this in 2020 :)

This is is massively helpful to me and will mean my consumption of Spurgeon sermons will go through the roof! Thanks, if you're still around :)

Im interested in how people read sermons. How do you work them into your reading agenda? Just pick a volume and read all the sermons? Pick a Bible book to go through and find the sermons on each pericope? I read sermons every now and then but I’d love to hear some practical Ways you all read them.

Posts 9305
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 6:44 PM

Liam:
Just pick a volume and read all the sermons?

Generally that's how I do it, either in Logos or with a physical book. Of course, I don't usually read all the sermons in a book. I might skip some or just dip in for a few. My sermon reading is irregular. I have a number or sermon books (in print) waiting for me to open them.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 29738
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 10:39 PM

How to Read the Bible by Kallistos Ware gives a great description of how many Eastern Christians and some Western Christians read sermons ... in addition to the reading of them in the Office of the Readings from the Divine Office.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 131
Mark Johns | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 6:46 AM

Mark,  I have all pf Spugeon's works, but got them as an WordSearch user.  Now that They have been migrated over to Logos, how can I get your resource to work with them??

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS