Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 6477
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 21 2009 1:24 PM

I recently reinstalled windows xp without formatting the drive. I simply told it to perform a new installation, thus overwriting the existing files.

I downloaded and installed Libronix from the web, and after installing the lisence, It started showing pictures of the books which it was discovering based on the lisence. The books are unlocked, and I never had to place a disc in the computer.

When perfoming a complete installation via the website, does Logos download the books from the web and wait for them to be unlocked, or was the software simply reading the books from the drive, that had not been overwritten, even though windows was freshly installed, over an existing copy?

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 204
Steven Yu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2009 3:42 PM

From my recent experience, the package from the web install does contain some basic books, but not the complete resource and plug-in.

"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free", John 8:32.
"你們必定認識真理,真理必定使你們自由", 約翰福音 8:3.

Posts 24572
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2009 4:46 PM

Lynden Williams:
When perfoming a complete installation via the website, does Logos download the books from the web and wait for them to be unlocked, or was the software simply reading the books from the drive, that had not been overwritten,

If the drive was not overwritten Libronix will find resources on the hard drive. Check Tools | Options...General | Resource Paths!

Also check for missing Addins and data sets!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS