Blackberry10 App

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 25
David S. Daniels | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 15 2013 2:14 PM

Now that RIM is about to launch its new Blackberry10 operating system with a full touchscreen phone as well as an enlarged-screen QWERTY model, and given that 80 million people use BB, does LOGOS have any plans to create an App for this system?

Posts 15721
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 15 2013 2:23 PM

David S. Daniels:
does LOGOS have any plans to create an App for this system?

Logos' standard answer is that they follow the trends and if a platform is successful enough, they will look to develop for the platform. If you are looking to get a new phone, I would not anticipate anything soon for Blackberry 10.

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 2259
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2013 5:31 PM

Possibly pointless effort since the BB10 is suppose to be able to run aneroid Apps. 

BlackBerry 10 Smartphones to Run Android Apps

-Dan

Posts 25
David S. Daniels | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 9:59 AM

You are likely correct in saying that there is not likely anything coming soon whatever happens with Blackberry10.

Posts 25
David S. Daniels | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 10:04 AM

Thanks for the link to the BB10 potential of running Android Apps. I looked at it and saw that the item was from January 2012, and a year later RIM has not said much about an Android Player for the BB10 platform.

Hopefully it is still in the works - it would certainly make BB10 more attractive in that it's security features, coupled with access to the thousands of Android Apps, would make it a formidable piece of hardware.

Despite the lack of apps for BB, I still see it as the best phone for well, phoning, texting, emailing, and messaging. I love Blackberry because I need a tool, not a toy. :)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS