Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 21 2009 3:08 PM

I just installed Proctor's Quick Files 2 and now my Libronix Toolbar has gone wild.  I know I can right  click on the toolbar and select/deselect various toolbars---but when I close and reopen all of them try to reappear; leaving my Toolbar area littered with little dropdown buttons.

Is there any advice on how to manage this "good" problem?

Posts 129
John McComb | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2009 3:34 PM

Randy Hartman:

I just installed Proctor's Quick Files 2 and now my Libronix Toolbar has gone wild.  I know I can right  click on the toolbar and select/deselect various toolbars---but when I close and reopen all of them try to reappear; leaving my Toolbar area littered with little dropdown buttons.

Is there any advice on how to manage this "good" problem?

After you've removed all the toolbars you want to remove from your view save your workspace. They won't reappear after you've done that.

Yours in Christ

John

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2009 3:54 PM

John,

Thanks, but what about the other workspaces that come with Quick Files?  Will I need to set the toolbars for each workspace?  Looks like the answer is "yes"?

Posts 294
Debra W Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2009 4:23 PM

Randy Hartman:

Will I need to set the toolbars for each workspace?  Looks like the answer is "yes"?

Or, first, close your Logos, then you can go into your Documents/LibronixDLS/CustomToolbars and create a subdirec under that something like "MProctorToolbars". Then, load (or in your case) move all the new Morris Proctor Toolbars into that. You might want to copy your "CustomToolbars" subdirectory elsewhere on your hard drive before starting if you like.

After doing that, decide which of the new Proctor toolbars you want to try, then move them one or a few at a time from your new subdirec into the primary CustomToolbars directory. If you add any new custom toolbars, however, you're generally going to have to grab the little vertical bar to the left of each new toolbar item and move it to the location you want it in each of the workspaces you want to use 'em.

In Christ Alone, Deb

Lenovo P72: Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H 6-core, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD + 1TB Sata SSD, 17.3" FHD 1920x1080, NVIDIA Quadro P600 4GB, Win 10 Pro

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2009 4:33 PM

Ah.  A strategy.  Thanks!!

Posts 129
John McComb | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2009 10:37 PM

Randy Hartman:

John,

Thanks, but what about the other workspaces that come with Quick Files?  Will I need to set the toolbars for each workspace?  Looks like the answer is "yes"?

Oh, does Morris-Proctor's Quick Files come with a lot of workspaces? I guess it helps if you know what the heck Quick Files is?

Anyway, that's what I do. If I make a dropdown toolbar or something I go through all my workspaces, re set it up in each one and save. For some workspaces it's easier just to save your main workspace to the other one's name and then go back to it and setup the resources and tools that it uses instead.

If you have a bunch of toolbars that you're never going to use ever then just go and delete them (sort of what Debra was saying above). However, if you have some that you want active in one workspace and others you want active elsewhere then I'm afraid you're kind of stuck with doing your setup in each.

Yours in Christ

John

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS