Pictures attached to verse

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 39
Ryan Boyer | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:20 AM

It seems more and more I am running across great comics or pictures on Facebook that I would love to be able to reference later.  I think the best way to do this would be to add a picture to a note (either reference or selection), but it doesn't look like this is possible.  This is what I want to do: I want to be able to archive pictures that are attached to verses or references.

I have a couple of questions:

• Is there a way to do what I want to do?
  • How do you archive pictures so that you can find them when you need them?
  • NOTE: I thought I could add them to PBB, but this is more steps than I want...I expect more from Logos; plus, it seems like any link in PBB will go to the document and not to the pic that I want.
  • NOTE: I could put the pics in my dropbox or Google Drive and link to them, but this is more steps than I want, and again, I expect more from Logos.
  • If I can't put pictures in notes, am I just out of luck since now there is Logos 5 (i.e. Logos 4 will never see another valuable update like this)?

If you have any suggestions or help I'd be glad to hear it, and thanks in advance.

Ryan

Posts 18828
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2013 7:55 PM

If you can download the picture from wherever you found it, you can put a link to the file on your hard disk into a Note. The format of the URL would be, for example, "file:C:\Users\YourUserAccount\Pictures\Logos\whatever.jpg" (with the actual path on your hard disk to the actual filename).

Posts 39
Ryan Boyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 7:58 AM

Unless someone has some other advice it looks like the best way for me to do this is to share a link to the file in my dropbox.  Rosie's idea was a good one, but it is too limited.  What is I want to share a picture in a Bible class on the fly and I only have my iPhone or iPad? 

Just a note, it looks like the iOS app doesn't allow me to "click" on external links (if anyone knows how to do this, or if I'm doing it wrong I'd appreciate help).  So, instead of using the linking feature to the shared dropbox file I will put the raw link in my notes so I can copy and paste it into Safari.

Thanks, Rosie, for your suggestions, and anyone else who has any suggestions.

Posts 22284
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 8:09 AM

Hi Ryan

Ryan Boyer:
Just a note, it looks like the iOS app doesn't allow me to "click" on external links (if anyone knows how to do this, or if I'm doing it wrong I'd appreciate help). 

If you open a note by clicking on its icon in a document then links are clickable

If you open a notesfile and then click on a link in a note within that file it assumes you want to edit it and doesn't go to the external reference.

So if you have the note linked to a resource and pull up the note you should be able to click on a reference.

I've just tried this and it seems to work fine - please give it a go and see if it does what you want.

Graham

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 8:17 AM

Ryan Boyer:

It seems more and more I am running across great comics or pictures on Facebook that I would love to be able to reference later.  I think the best way to do this would be to add a picture to a note (either reference or selection), but it doesn't look like this is possible.  This is what I want to do: I want to be able to archive pictures that are attached to verses or references.

I have a couple of questions:

• Is there a way to do what I want to do?
  • How do you archive pictures so that you can find them when you need them?
  • NOTE: I thought I could add them to PBB, but this is more steps than I want...I expect more from Logos; plus, it seems like any link in PBB will go to the document and not to the pic that I want.
  • NOTE: I could put the pics in my dropbox or Google Drive and link to them, but this is more steps than I want, and again, I expect more from Logos.
  • If I can't put pictures in notes, am I just out of luck since now there is Logos 5 (i.e. Logos 4 will never see another valuable update like this)?

If you have any suggestions or help I'd be glad to hear it, and thanks in advance.

Ryan

While I do not have an answer for you, here is hoping that we will be able to use images in our notes like we were able to use images and youtube videos in L3.  (The note did not store the actual image/video in the note file, but did display the web version of the image/video in the note.)

Posts 39
Ryan Boyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 8:27 AM

Graham Criddle:

Hi Ryan

Ryan Boyer:
Just a note, it looks like the iOS app doesn't allow me to "click" on external links (if anyone knows how to do this, or if I'm doing it wrong I'd appreciate help). 

If you open a note by clicking on its icon in a document then links are clickable

Graham

Graham,

Thank you, sincerely, for your reply.  I have tried this several time, and in several ways, and I cannot get it to work.  Perhaps there is some kind of "link" setting in my iOS software that isn't set up correctly.

I will attempt to attach a screen shot of my scenario.

I have a notes file called Bible Study.  I see a pink square (icon?) in the Biblical text. (NOTE: This particular note is a Selection note; but I have also tried this with Reference notes and with different, simpler, web addresses such as Google with the same results.)  When I tap on that square I see the note with the link; and it even looks like an active link.  When I tap on the link...nothing.  If I open the note via Edit and tap...nothing.  If I open the note via the actual notes document...nothing.  I know the link is good becuase if I copy and paste it into the Safari brower it works.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Posts 22284
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 8:40 AM

Hi Ryan

Ryan Boyer:
I have tried this several time, and in several ways, and I cannot get it to work.  Perhaps there is some kind of "link" setting in my iOS software that isn't set up correctly.

If there is some link setting I'm afraid I don't know what it is.

Ryan Boyer:
When I tap on that square I see the note with the link; and it even looks like an active link.  When I tap on the link...nothing

Looking at your diagram and the description of what you are doing - you are doing exactly what I was suggesting and I would have expected the link to be active.

The two shots below show a link in a notesfile and what happens if I press it

The only thing I can see from your note is that the link seems to be spread across multiple lines which could be confusing things but you have tried this with much simpler links (which I assume fit on one line) and everything is ok.

Sorry, I can't see any reason why this shouldn't work - hopefully someone else will be able to

Graham

Posts 39
Ryan Boyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 8:55 AM

Nope!  When I click the link my note disappears and all I can see is the text again.

Thank you, anyway, for trying to help me out. 

NOTE: I have closed the program and done a hard restart.  Also, I have tried these same steps on both my iPhone and iPad with identical results.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS