Community Pricing Strategy for Henry Ward Beecher Collection

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 4:13 AM

Evan Boardman:

toughski:
I am not going to underbid it and cause it to languish.

But this is happening!!!

I just hate when people take words out of immediate context. Quote the full sentence, for goodness sake Angry

What I said: "If I truly want the resource, I am not going to underbid it and cause it to languish."

there are always "bottom feeders" - just look at Walmart on day after Cristmas. However, how is "managed" bottom price keeping a title from languishing? Aren't there titles under the current model that are slower than molasses too? In my understanding, by setting their price "higher" (than my idea of a fair price) Logos is losing potential customers and contributes to languishing.

Posts 165
Wayne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 4:32 AM

I think some of the Community Pricing works would benefit from being broken up into smaller packages. At 14,000 pages this one is quite large.

The Princeton Review is 82,000 pages and would get published much quicker if it would be broken into smaller packages. It would be good if they started with the newer editions that have Vos and Machen as some of the featured writers.

Posts 9555
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 4:34 AM

toughski:

Evan Boardman:

toughski:
I am not going to underbid it and cause it to languish.

But this is happening!!!

I just hate when people take words out of immediate context. Quote the full sentence, for goodness sake Angry

What I said: "If I truly want the resource, I am not going to underbid it and cause it to languish."

there are always "bottom feeders" - just look at Walmart on day after Cristmas. However, how is "managed" bottom price keeping a title from languishing? Aren't there titles under the current model that are slower than molasses too? In my understanding, by setting their price "higher" (than my idea of a fair price) Logos is losing potential customers and contributes to languishing.

Generally well-said Eva. (note I quoted your full comment to avoid your wrathWink) One phrase that I don't think was very kind was calling some people "bottom feeders". To me this sounds sort of derogatory when at least some of those folks are simply trying to stretch their budget.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 4:44 AM

Bruce Dunning:
One phrase that I don't think was very kind was calling some people "bottom feeders". To me this sounds sort of derogatory when at least some of those folks are simply trying to stretch their budget.

I have a rule - if I do it too, it's not offensive Stick out tongue. How would you call them?

Posts 9555
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 5:06 AM

toughski:

Bruce Dunning:
One phrase that I don't think was very kind was calling some people "bottom feeders". To me this sounds sort of derogatory when at least some of those folks are simply trying to stretch their budget.

I have a rule - if I do it too, it's not offensive Stick out tongue. How would you call them?

I should also clarify that I personally was not offended but I think some folks maybe. How about calling us "deal-grabbers" or "dollar-stretchers". Of course we must be careful not to fall into the category of simply being "greedy".

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:33 AM

Wayne's point is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

In addition to his points, there's the odd consumer behavior.

An item for $70 is too much!

Three items for $23 is quite affordable.

Proof: read member-comments on how many resources they have bids on.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 12:57 PM

Wayne:
I think some of the Community Pricing works would benefit from being broken up into smaller packages.

Yes. And I think Logos knows this. 

example: William Mitchell Ramsay Collection

William Mitchell Ramsay Collection Upgrade  ~leaving Pre-Pub this week.

+-

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5175
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 2:49 PM

One thing some here are not considering...

I've looked at this collection a few times, and each time I do I always come to the same conclusion...

I just don't want it.

Honestly, I probably wouldn't get it even if it were only $10.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 3:13 PM

toughski:
4. when there are enough bids to cover 95% of production, why do users have to beg to fine-tune the scale to $5 or $1 increments? Why not make it by default? Why is $50 price the lowest option for this collection? In a fair system there should be prices to the left and to the right of what most users would pay.  It should be a bell curve. This is not the first collection that things are skewed somewhat.

Logos has user voice for community pricing suggestions => https://communitypricing.uservoice.com that includes => https://communitypricing.uservoice.com/forums/183260-general/suggestions/3510167-please-reduce-the-increments-for-community-pricing with link to thread => Suggestion: Community Pricing Closure Bidding

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9555
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 3:21 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

toughski:
4. when there are enough bids to cover 95% of production, why do users have to beg to fine-tune the scale to $5 or $1 increments? Why not make it by default? Why is $50 price the lowest option for this collection? In a fair system there should be prices to the left and to the right of what most users would pay.  It should be a bell curve. This is not the first collection that things are skewed somewhat.

Logos has user voice for community pricing suggestions => https://communitypricing.uservoice.com that includes => https://communitypricing.uservoice.com/forums/183260-general/suggestions/3510167-please-reduce-the-increments-for-community-pricing with link to thread => Suggestion: Community Pricing Closure Bidding

Keep Smiling Smile

I didn't realize this. Thanks for sharing this information.

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 3:38 PM

David Paul:

One thing some here are not considering...

I've looked at this collection a few times, and each time I do I always come to the same conclusion...

I just don't want it.

Honestly, I probably wouldn't get it even if it were only $10.

It's hardly worth $50 to me, but considering the number of volumes, $50 is a good starting bid.

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS