Can't Search Khmer Language

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 59
Nathan Wells | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 18 2013 7:57 PM

I just upgraded to Logos 5 because it is compatible with the Khmer language (Logos 4 was not).  But while I can create personal books with Khmer, I cannot search them for Khmer words.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? 

I've attached a sample Khmer .docx for us as a personal Bible for testing.

Thanks,

Nathan4130.Khmer Bible Test.docx

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 9:00 PM

Hi Nathan, I downloaded and built your personal book to test it out. I noticed a couple of issues:

• Some characters did not render correctly. See screen shot below. This maybe the reason behind not getting satisfactory results from the search option.
  • When I searched for a string, I found it (see screen shot)

I'm sorry I can't help more, but if you want me to do tests, please let me know.

Posts 59
Nathan Wells | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 9:16 PM

Perhaps it hasn't finished indexing on mine? Well, at least it should work, that's great! Thanks for checking for me.

Posts 59
Nathan Wells | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 10:04 PM

Yup, that was it. I thought it had finished indexing, but it hadn't. I restarted and then indexing started again. Now it works. Thanks!

Posts 476
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 5:23 PM

I can't get the fonts to render correctly in Logos either. Nathan, are you having the same issue, or did you find a way to view the font correctly?

Posts 59
Nathan Wells | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 5:54 PM

In Logos 5 for Windows if you use any of the Google Khmer Fonts it should render correctly (you can find them under the Khmer language here: http://www.google.com/webfonts )

So far it works great and I haven't seen any problems.  In Logos 5 for Mac there still are rendering problems though.

Blessings,

-nathan

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS