Begin with Starter Package Worth It?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
Josh Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 20 2013 9:23 PM

I am considering purchasing Logos in the near future but considering I will probably be overwhelmed by it at the start I wanted to save some money and begin with the Starter package. As far as I understand, if one upgrades from one package to another the only costs involved are the new resources? So if I purchase Package A for $300 and package B costs $500, in the future I will just pay the difference to upgrade? Or is this not how it works? I want to be efficient and not "lose money" along the way by upgrading so I would rather save up and buy a better base package to begin with.

Any clarification would be helpful! Thanks :)

Posts 31
Mitchell Borrows | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 9:36 PM

If you buy package A you only pay for the resources you dont have in package B. Logos might seem intimidating but like anything give your self some time and you will realize its the best investment for biblical knowledge and study you could spend. If money is a big factor then for sure start small. if money isnt an issue then i would recommend starting with Gold so you dont miss out on all the available options. 

Posts 18759
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 9:36 PM

My understanding is it's somewhat cheaper to buy package B up front than to buy A and later upgrade to B, so if you know you're going to want B eventually anyway and can afford it now, just buy it.

As for being overwhelmed with it when you start, if you've never had Logos before that's going to happen anyway -- there's a learning curve. But the forums are a great place to get help learning it, and there are lots of excellent videos. And you can just ignore parts of the program that are beyond you at the beginning and just learn it bit by bit. So getting a lower package won't help with the overwhelm really; it will just give you fewer resources to start with.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 10:40 PM

Joshua Brown:
I want to be efficient and not "lose money" along the way by upgrading so I would rather save up and buy a better base package to begin with.

Welcome Big Smile

Suggest contacting Logos Sales => http://www.logos.com/contact

My order history includes 7 upgrades; would have been less expensive overall if had purchased fewer upgrades.  Bigger bundle purchases have lower price per resource.  Caveat: a bargain is not a bargain if cannot use it.

Suggest looking at value of resource content for your study.  Thankful for bundle purchases that included valuable resources, then later found bundle had included more useful resources.

Logos 5 Gold and above plus Verbum Master and above include my favorite commentary series; wiki has => UBS Old Testament Handbook Series and => UBS New Testament Handbook Series

Logos 5 comparison => http://www.logos.com/comparison#  Verbum comparison => http://www.logos.com/catholic#compare

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS