Potential Bug : Date won't update Bible Plan

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
Mark Jamison | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 22 2013 8:56 AM

Hi all,

First I own and use a Mac, so I have not tested this on Windows, but when using the "Read the Bible in a Year" feature,  it seems that the Logos 5 only check the Date on Startup. I cannot leave Logos up over multiple days and get the appropriate date.

I can understand for performance reasons not to constantly check the date, but certainly there should be a resource. It seems a little silly to have a "must shut down every 24 hours to use all features" set of functionality. 

Posts 2409
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 22 2013 9:26 AM

Hi Mark,

You are right about the vagaries of Logos as regards recognising date change over. I have never worked out whether this is connected with the the time shift from Bellingham or is due to some other anomaly.

There are however ( I believe) good reasons to shut down and restart Logos at least on a regular basis if not daily due to the platform on which Logos is built not be very good at running for long periods.

Posts 9692
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 22 2013 9:32 AM

I have had a number of issues relating to dates when using my iPad but I don't see this particular problem on Windows.

I have left my computer on for a number of days (I do press its "sleep" button at night) and L5 seems to be tracking dates just fine.

I wonder if there is a Mac issue here as opposed to a more general problem?

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS