Handout feature in Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 241
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 6 2009 12:16 PM

I've been trying to make use of the Handout feature in Logos 4, but no matter what I do I don't seem to be able to add or delete the things that I want in the handout I'm trying to create. 

IMHO the user should be able to edit what is in the Handout they are trying to create.  Without the ability to add or delete what I want in my Handout - the tool is of no use to me

This should be fixed or it should be removed from the program.

At the very least, if it's not going to be fixed, then the user should have the option to completely turn off the Handouts feature.

sdahlinghwa   

Posts 904
Joan Korte | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 12:29 PM

SteinDahl:

This should be fixed or it should be removed from the program.

At the very least, if it's not going to be fixed, then the user should have the option to completely turn off the Handouts feature.

sdahlinghwa   

I have never used handouts so I ignore it-don't need to "turn it off".    There are others on the forum who have been very vocal about handouts needing improvements to be useful so you are not alone in how you feel.

Posts 7119
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 1:53 PM

I think Joan is talking about me.  ;-)

Hi Stein, I share your frustrations on the handouts.  There's a link to my primary post on the issue in my sig.  Handouts need fixed and that's all there is to it.  They are, IMHO barely at beta level in workflow.

Read my post linked in my sig, the good news is that you can manually add notes by adding a blank item, but by and large - notes are very close to broken by the mere fact that the information is forcefilled.  Never mind the faulty selection of irrelevant material, it's the force filling and autofilling that is the real problem.

Posts 13709
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 3:21 PM

Thomas Black:
it's the force filling and autofilling that is the real problem.

Note however that the autofill stuff can be deleted, it's merely a bit of a hassle - and the handout is limited to two sheets.

Logos4catholics Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 7119
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 4:04 PM

MJ. Smith:
Note however that the autofill stuff can be deleted, it's merely a bit of a hassle - and the handout is limited to two sheets.
It's more than a bit of a hassle, it's completely contrary to how the design should be implemented.  I don't care how much extraneous information is supplied, it's the autofilling, and force filling of the extraneous junk forcing me to manually delete upwards of a dozen or more useless selections just to make the handout functional.  Of course deleting would be uneccesary at all if the page was not force filled.

Fix Handouts by not force filling - anything ever.  It's so simple, even a caveman could do it.

Posts 2735
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 4:16 PM

Thomas Black:
Fix Handouts by not force filling - anything ever.  It's so simple, even a caveman could do it.
hey, no need to bring Damian into this ;-)

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1965
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 4:19 PM

Joe Miller:

Thomas Black:
hey, no need to bring Damian into this ;-)

Oi....

Posts 2735
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 4:50 PM

Oh, sorry Damian, I said that because I thought you had the Caveman avatar.  Was that you?  I forgot you had the jester.  Anyway, it was not supposed to be personal, just a joke about what I thought your avatar was.  Sorry.  My mistake.

Posts 1965
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 5:22 PM

Joe Miller:

Oh, sorry Damian, I said that because I thought you had the Caveman avatar.  Was that you?  I forgot you had the jester.  Anyway, it was not supposed to be personal, just a joke about what I thought your avatar was.  Sorry.  My mistake.

No need for an apology. I wasn't offended.... and I do carry a large club sometimes to conversations (though I walk erect)

George is the caveman......

Posts 2735
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 5:53 PM

Damian McGrath:
George is the caveman......
George Embarrassed Ah, I should have known LOL

Posts 1
Richard Wayne Daniels | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 7:06 AM

I was quite pleased when I first discovered the handout feature, but I also have experienced the same frustration.  With so many great features of Logos to enrich the study and teaching of God's Word, it is a great shame that the user has such little control of this feature.  At this point I can't use it, but I hope it is fixed rather than removed.

Posts 16
Allen 2360 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 13 2011 7:30 PM

I agree 100% even though I didn;t learn how to use handouts, I am releived to know that there are others having the same problems I have with it. I thought it was just me. (smile)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS