Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9673
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 6:06 AM

Benjamin Hines:

Sir, any updates on this issue. Thanks -Ben

Unfortunately no. We all continue to wait patiently.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 9:28 AM

Benjamin Hines:

Sir, any updates on this issue. Thanks -Ben

Benjamin, personal books are not yet supported on mobile devices.

Posts 29923
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 4:24 PM

The only thing I have to add... You should not look to see personal books on mobile until sometime AFTER personal books actually sync within L5. This isn't the case presently (the metadata syncs, the compiled books themselves do not).

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 47
Josh W. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2021 9:18 PM

Any update on this?? Can we use app on phone for PB ? 

Posts 47
Josh W. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2021 9:43 PM

What’s the point of personal books if you can’t access them with your notes on your phone or tablet

Posts 2875
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 25 2021 5:39 AM

Josh W.:

What’s the point of personal books if you can’t access them with your notes on your phone or tablet

The point of PBB is using them on your personal computer be it a MAC or a PC.  

FL has analyzed uploaded PBB files and found that most of them are copyrighted works or public domain works that FL plans to 'someday' make as FL resources. [So FL sees PBB as competition to itself] However some of us are importing resources, by the PBB path, that FL will not make into FL resources during our lifetime and maybe never partially because very few of FL current customers want the ones we need and enter as PBB.  

One problem is copyrights.  FL might be seen by copyright holders as violating their rights as FL would need to store the copyrighted PBB files on their servers to load them on to the mobile devices. [If that is a 'true' reason I do not know why FL still has the upload for PBB files as that transfers the maybe copyrighted PBB files to FL servers already.]  [[As long as the file is only on our computer we can at least claim 'fair use'.  On their servers it becomes a target for copyright infringement by a party [FL] that has money could be taken by the copyright holder.]]

Another problem is indexing. FL does not do indexing on mobile devices so FL would have to index the PBB before loading them on to the device. That would take way too much time and effort on FL part for the few of us that use PBB. It would cost FL lots of money to index and transfer the PBB files.  [[Would you be willing to pay, say, $5 for each and every time you upload and / or download a PBB that you created or modified so that its newest version would show up on your mobile device as a searchable resource? I have 350 PBB including 5 Bibles [incomplete] that are not available in FL]]

Posts 47
Josh W. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2021 12:39 AM

I understand it’s nice though when I don’t have to bring my computer to church. I was glad when I was able to stop bringing a backpack full of books Because of logos! 

Posts 2875
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2021 4:57 AM

Josh W.:

I was glad when I was able to stop bringing a backpack full of books Because of logos! 

A workaround is to save all of the docx files used to make PBB to PDF files and transfer them to your mobile device.  

Many of the PDF aps on mobiles allow searching in addition to reading.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS