Logos 5 Footnotes???

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 46
Stephen Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2013 5:59 AM

When I speak of the Reading view, I am talking about full screen mode, and it is used by hitting F11. If you go to a book panel and click the arrow it says, "Show in reading view."  That is why I call it "Reading View" because Logos does. I would clip the picture of what I see, but every time I pull up the snipping tool, the book panel dropdown menu disappears.

Mine doesn't say "Paged View" either, it just says "Columns:" then gives options on how many you want, but I understand what you mean now.

Do you have v5 or 4?

Posts 14839
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2013 4:28 PM

Stephen Jones:
When I speak of the Reading view, I am talking about full screen mode, and it is used by hitting F11.

OK, I see. Sorry for doubting you.

Stephen Jones:
Mine doesn't say "Paged View" either, it just says "Columns:" then gives options on how many you want, but I understand what you mean now.

Logos used to call it "Paged View" but then they changed the terminology to "Columns: " but I still think it's helpful to think of it as paged view.

I have v5.

Posts 2330
LogosEmployee
Tommy Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 3:28 PM

Can someone give me a summary of what the problem is? There is far too many long posts to get caught up. So understand the following is mostly a response to what I think the issues are. I can't tell if the problem is printing the footnotes, exporting the footnotes, or them not displaying in thebook. 

1. The "Show footnotes on page" option has moved to the resource panel. If you want to see the footnotes you'll have to select it from there. This works in normal and reading view. 

2. Printing footnotes worked fine for me on my PC. 

Posts 14839
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 4:42 PM

Tommy Ball:

Can someone give me a summary of what the problem is? There is far too many long posts to get caught up. So understand the following is mostly a response to what I think the issues are. I can't tell if the problem is printing the footnotes, exporting the footnotes, or them not displaying in thebook. 

1. The "Show footnotes on page" option has moved to the resource panel. If you want to see the footnotes you'll have to select it from there. This works in normal and reading view. 

The problem is that Export doesn't preserve footnotes. I'll demonstrate it with a video:

http://www.screencast.com/t/wUh98gwcf

PostScript: forgot to mention that copy/paste from the resource window itself (as opposed to Export dialog) does preserve footnotes, so one can use that as a workaround for now; but Logos has an Export feature, it should work as expected; and copy/paste has limitations anyway (doesn't use Word's "Footnote Text" style for one; a bug in its own right, I would think).

http://www.screencast.com/t/mcACGZug

Posts 46
Stephen Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 5:36 PM

Thank you Rosie. That pretty much nailed it on the head.

Posts 5560
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 7:23 PM

Well, thank you very much Stephen. I tried what you said in Logos5 and promptly crashed my 5 window layout. Now I know 5 ways to crash Logos5.

Posts 2330
LogosEmployee
Tommy Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 7:49 AM

Rosie Perera:

Tommy Ball:

The problem is that Export doesn't preserve footnotes. I'll demonstrate it with a video:

http://www.screencast.com/t/wUh98gwcf

PostScript: forgot to mention that copy/paste from the resource window itself (as opposed to Export dialog) does preserve footnotes, so one can use that as a workaround for now; but Logos has an Export feature, it should work as expected; and copy/paste has limitations anyway (doesn't use Word's "Footnote Text" style for one; a bug in its own right, I would think).

http://www.screencast.com/t/mcACGZug

Perfect. Thanks, Rosie. It looks like there is a case for this. Mike's entry was added to it for this thread. There are a few other places in the forums where this has been reported. 

Posts 14839
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 12:38 PM

Tommy Ball:
Perfect. Thanks, Rosie. It looks like there is a case for this. Mike's entry was added to it for this thread. There are a few other places in the forums where this has been reported. 

Thanks, Tommy. Sorry it took so many different threads to get the attention on this issue, but I'm glad Development is finally aware of it and working on a solution.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS