I'm want the option to buy Data Sets not available in Bronze or Silver Upgrades

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
S. Stange | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 26 2013 11:08 PM

When I look at the Bronze or Silver Upgrades I am interested in the new content that they offer. However the deal breaker for me is when I get all the way down to the last section on Data Sets. Here I see that I don't get some of the new bling if I choose either of these options. Only if I upgrade to Gold do I get all the Data Sets but that is a deal breaker for my budget which leaves me with only one option... the Minimal Cross Grade.

I think every upgrade level should include all the new Data Sets or provide a way to add them individually to the purchase. I tried using the customize button to add them to the order but they are not listed as product options.

Is there a way to add in the missing Data Sets?

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 26 2013 11:26 PM

Shannon, welcome to the Logos forums! I believe you can buy the Minimal Crossgrade along with Bronze or Silver upgrade. There might not be a button to add that to your cart when you're purchasing Bronze or Silver before checkout, but if you go back to search the products page before checking out, you can find it and add it. Or talk to a sales rep and they ought to be able to help you out with this.

Posts 67
Jeff Hetrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 26 2013 11:29 PM

I have Diamond so also have all data sets. I agree though that no package level should be without all data sets.

. I understand Logos has to keep the lights on but I'm not sure version 5 offers anything much over version 4 unless all data sets are there. I'm no marketing genius but it seems to me a lot of people are starting to feel like they need to find an alternative to Logos as they calculate the future cost of keeping with the newest version. It seems they are trying to force people to go with a package that's more than what they need or want just to get the full functionality of the product. I do know one person who has been a Logos user for many years and threw in the towel with this upgrade and has gone with another software.

I do have two of the major competitors most recent, up to date software packages though and can say, while both are good, useable products - they don't come close to Logos... Not even close. It costs money to produce the best product of its kind on the market and that certainly is what Logos has produced. My money, over $4,000.00 of it so far (over several years) has been well spent. I know people that spend more than that on entertainment in a year. 

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2013 2:51 AM

I upgraded to the newest Silver level a few months ago and received all the data sets except the Bible Sense Lexicon.  I had to upgrade to the next level to get that.  I called Logos and was able to buy that last piece I was missing for almost nothing.  You might want to call them and let them know you'd like to buy those remaning datasets and they will give you a price.

Posts 10519
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2013 4:09 AM

Shannon Stange:
Only if I upgrade to Gold do I get all the Data Sets but that is a deal breaker for my budget which leaves me with only one option... the Minimal Cross Grade.

If you purchase Bronze or Silver, the cost of the Minimal Upgrade will be adjusted for the data sets your already own. In another thread someone mentioned that the Minimal Upgrade from Silver cost about $6.00 for the addition of the Bible Sense Lexicon.

Posts 3
S. Stange | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2013 8:14 AM

That's good news. Thanks for the answer. I wish their marketing copy was that easy to understand and that data sets were listed as content to purchase (add to cart).

Posts 10519
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2013 11:38 AM

Shannon Stange:
that data sets were listed as content to purchase (add to cart).

All the data sets are contained in the Minimal Crossgrade, and it should be listed as a purchase item.

Posts 3
S. Stange | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2013 1:33 PM

Jack, what I meant was that besides in the Minimal Cross Grade the Data Sets are not listed in the catalogue of possible items to purchase. So if a person wanted to have one of those Data Sets there is no online way to buy them. To do that requires picking up the phone and asking for it. Just seems that it should be an item that you add to your cart and buy.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2013 2:19 PM

Shannon Stange:

Jack, what I meant was that besides in the Minimal Cross Grade the Data Sets are not listed in the catalogue of possible items to purchase. So if a person wanted to have one of those Data Sets there is no online way to buy them. To do that requires picking up the phone and asking for it. Just seems that it should be an item that you add to your cart and buy.

Welcome Big Smile

Searching Logos.com for crossgrade => http://www.logos.com/products/search?q=crossgrade includes:

Logos 5 Core Datasets => http://www.logos.com/product/28494/logos-5-core-datasets

Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade => http://www.logos.com/product/28376/logos-5-minimal-crossgrade

Logos Blog has article =>  http://blog.logos.com/2012/11/5-ways-to-move-to-logos-5/

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10519
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 2:28 AM

Shannon Stange:
what I meant was that besides in the Minimal Cross Grade the Data Sets are not listed in the catalogue of possible items to purchase.

AFAIK, the individual data sets are not available for purchase. they are only available as part of certain base packages or the Minimal Crossgrade.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS