Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 234
David | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 27 2013 10:02 PM

Is there anyway to manually sync notes? Right now if I make changes on my desktop, they don't occur on my iPad unless I highlight some text and delete it. Over time they sync, but I wanted to know if there was a way (like the desktop version) to force a sync. If not, I would be in favor of adding this feature.

Posts 24253
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2013 11:04 PM

Hi Dave

David Schlup:

Is there anyway to manually sync notes? Right now if I make changes on my desktop, they don't occur on my iPad unless I highlight some text and delete it. Over time they sync, but I wanted to know if there was a way (like the desktop version) to force a sync. If not, I would be in favor of adding this feature.

There is currently no mechanism to do this - short of force-closing the app and starting it again

Others have requested it and I think it would be a great addition to the app

Graham 

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Dustin Masters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 8:40 AM

A force-close is not necessary, just going to the home screen normally will trigger a sync.

Software Dev at Logos.  How to post your logs: (Windows) (Mac)

Posts 24253
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 10:02 AM

Hi Dustin

Dustin Masters:

A force-close is not necessary, just going to the home screen normally will trigger a sync.

I wasn't aware of that - many thanks for the insight

Graham 

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 10:04 AM

Dustin Masters:

Good to know. Yes

Posts 29036
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 10:19 AM

Graham Criddle:
I wasn't aware of that - many thanks for the insight

The "persistence" of the syncing has gotten better. I don't ever have to force close the app, but in the "olden" days (sometime last year Smile) I did. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 32
Ken | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 2:56 PM

David, I am having the same problem with my ipad taking a long time to sync.  Did you ever discover an answer?

Ken

Posts 29036
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2013 3:32 PM

Ken:

David, I am having the same problem with my ipad taking a long time to sync.  Did you ever discover an answer?

Can you tell us about your note files? Are you referring to regular notes, or highlighting notes? How many pages would your note files take to print?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS