Difficulty with Microsoft Internet Explorer 9

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 28
Wayne M. Pask | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 28 2013 1:27 PM

Has any one else been having difficulty with IE9 recently? I just upgraded my operating system from Vista to Windows 7.  In the process, I allowed IE 9 to be downloaded. Now when I go to a Book description page on the LOGOS site the book cover image covers most of the description of the book.  I have unsuccessfuly tried chaing the zoom level of the browser. Tech services at Logos was unfamiliar with the difficulty. In additon I haven't been able to make purchases from the web pages.   A screen shot of  a recent page is attached.

Thanks in adavance  for your help.

Wayne

Rev. Wayne M. Pask, Emeritus

Richmond,VA

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 1:53 PM

Wayne M. Pask:
Has any one else been having difficulty with IE9 recently? I just upgraded my operating system from Vista to Windows 7.  In the process, I allowed IE 9 to be downloaded. Now when I go to a Book description page on the LOGOS site the book cover image covers most of the description of the book.  I have unsuccessfuly tried chaing the zoom level of the browser. Tech services at Logos was unfamiliar with the difficulty. In additon I haven't been able to make purchases from the web pages.

I don't see this with IE9, though I haven't tried to order anything, though I can begin the process at least (not ready to buy anything today). I'm thinking this is a settings issue with IE9, though I wouldn't be able to tell you where to look to change it.

In the mean time you could try another browser, like Chrome or Firefox.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 2:34 PM

That type of issue does occur where the font formatting is altered (not IE, but in some browsers, you can change font sizes and it will look like your results).

In IE9, you might want to check Options and go to the bottom of the first tab 'Accessibility' and see if any of the font-ignores are checked.  That'd be a long-shot.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS