Book(s) Request . . . The Preachers Outline & Sermon Bible ?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 6 2009 9:28 PM

Hello?!  Anyone from LOGOS,

I was just wondering if LOGOS has any plans to acquire license to use The Preacher's Outline & Sermon Bible.

It's a wonderful resource for sermon prep.  The down side is that it's only available in software format for WORDsearch right now, but it would also be a great addition to Logos 4.

If you've never heard of it before here is a link to the Outline Bible Resources website (Preachers Outline & Sermon Bible page:)                          

CLICK HERE>>>  POSB

sdahlinghwa

Posts 31849
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2009 11:29 PM

I notice they have already partnered with Word Search ... which likely decreases Logos' options.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 12:10 AM

MJ. Smith:

I notice they have already partnered with Word Search ... which likely decreases Logos' options.

Yes, I think they do have a partnership of sorts with WORDsearch, but has anyone checked to see if is an exclusive deal. 

Wouldn't it be in Outline Bible Resources' interest to also make it available to other Bible software companies?  Seems to me that they could make a lot more money that way.  Just wondering if anyone has ever pursued this far enough to find out.

sdahlinghwa

Posts 3293
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 4:05 AM

I contacted them- they are open to having these in Logos, I gave them the information, maybe its time for Logos to contact them.

It would be nice as well for Logos to post on the suggestions- what the initial result of their contact was, or if they are even pursuing these resources. This is the main failure of the "suggestion" forum- no feed back Sad

Posts 2
Michael Flowers | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 7:51 AM

any news yet?  POSB is by far my favorite commentary.  I am an avid Logos 5 user, but have to keep Wordsearch open just to access POSB.

C'mon LOGOS!!!!

Posts 3293
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 9 2014 3:23 AM

A LITTLE "BUMP" HERE- COULD WE GET A YEA OR NAY?

I have the full set in WS and hard copy- would gladly spend the $$$ again for Logos- and believe me I will not do this for other resources.

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2014 11:38 AM

I have the POSB in _________. while it does shorten the sermon prep, I have to be careful and not get lazy. It also doesn't always match my theology. Nevertheless, I do like it.

Posts 1
Dr. Christopher Gray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 6:07 AM

I guess Logos is ignoring those of us who would like this resource. Has anyone spoken to Logos development department directly to find out if they are going to consider POSB or why they maybe possibly ignoring this request and have not given an answer? It is frustrating to have such a good product but also missing out on a resource that is highly useful. Come on Logos! Please give us an answer!

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 7:49 AM

Christopher Gray:
I guess Logos is ignoring those of us who would like this resource.

Hi Christopher,

Firstly, and most importantly, welcome!

I just wanted to let you know that Logos regularly frequent the forums, but are not always either able or willing to comment regarding negotiations around a particular resource (presumably often due to commercial sensitivities). However, we are assured that suggestions are monitored, catalogued and managed internally. However, for your own satisfaction you may wish to email your support of this suggestion to suggest@logos.com

Blessings

Smile

Posts 215
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 12:35 PM

I just happened to come across this today over at the site of the makers of POSB:

"LMW is finalizing negotiations with LOGOS, a company that provides on-line access to books and libraries for pastors, teachers, scholars and seminary students."

This was from a blog entry on 9/23/14 introducing their new president. It can be viewed here: http://outlinebible.org/2014/09/23/meet-our-president-dave-worland/

It sounds like there are negotiations between Logos and the makers of POSB after all! At least, I'm assuming that LOGOS is the same as Logos Bible Software :)

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 3293
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 2:07 PM

Daniel- its here along with 4 other of their products:

https://www.logos.com/product/45617/the-preachers-outline-and-sermon-bible

Posts 7
Steven Spence | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 3:16 PM

Right now, I have to have both logos and wordsearch up at the same time.  However I do use two monitors, so I can have logos and wordsearch displayed at the same time.

Posts 3293
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 3:22 PM

Steven Spence:

Right now, I have to have both logos and WordSearch up at the same time.  However I do use two monitors, so I can have logos and WordSearch displayed at the same time.

I use the same process- it works fine- if I can get 3 monitors- I would love to have L6, WS and BW all open at once- any ideas how to git done Big Smile 

Posts 215
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 11:20 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Daniel- its here along with 4 other of their products:

https://www.logos.com/product/45617/the-preachers-outline-and-sermon-bible

I was not aware of this being a Pre-Pub. Thanks!

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS