Reading Plan Updates between Windows/iPhone App?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 7 2009 1:49 AM

Hello,

Initially my iPhone App seemed to be creating a new Bible Reading Plan every time I used it (I think it kept trying to create a new ESV version of the reading plan even though I set my Windows L4 reading plan to NASB95... but this is a wild guess).

Tonight I got back onto our Windows machine (I'm a Mac guy, but L4 on Windows is the only way I can control Bible reading plans right now).  I deleted all the extra Bible reading plans, and made certain that the only one I had was for NASB (L4 even named it Read NASB95 in one year).

A while later I went back to my iPhone app to read, and it still has several Bible reading plans's.  A few hours later I checked my Windows copy, and two new ESV Bible reading plans appeared.  Oh, and the iPod app did not show the Read NASB95 reading plan, just a set of "Bible Reading Plan"s).

I want my iPhone and my Windows machine (and soon my Mac too!) to have only one Bible reading plans, for NASB.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Steve

Posts 24
David Oxtoby | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 8:32 AM

Hi Steve, can u normally see the NASB on the iPhone? since i discovered that if you create a reading plan for a version of the Bible that isn't visible on the IPhone then the reading plan doesn't come over from L4, since i discovered this with the NRSV reading plan, so had to re-create it as RSV since the RSV is on the iphone libarary but not NRSV.

hope this helps, David

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 9:38 AM

Thanks for the suggestion...

Yes, the NASB is available on the iPhone, so that does not seem to be the problem.

Update: Since deleting all of the reading plans (again) I now have 6 Bible Reading Plans on my iPhone.

I don't get it.

If this is not going to work, is there any way to set the 'preferred' Bible version on the iPhone so that these reading plans use that?

Steve

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 9:48 AM

You should report this bug on the Iphone Forum if you haven't done so already.  That way the iphone dev team knows they need to fix it.

Blessings

Michael Kares

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 10:38 AM

Will do.  Thanks for the help Michael.

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 11:52 AM

This problem (for anyone else who stumbled across this post) is a known problem that Logos is working on.  For a little more information, see the following Forum post: See this post http://community.logos.com/forums/p/6107/50737.aspx#50737.

Steve

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS