Indexer stops working...every time

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Jacob Schwartz | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 30 2013 9:25 AM

Hi. My indexer refuses to work it started a few months ago with Logos 4 (running on Vista, 32bit). Now it fails every time. I just upgraded to Logos 5 and thought that installation process would fix the problem, but the indexer still does not work. Most recent log below:

4061.LogosIndexerError.log3175.LogosIndexerCrash.txt

Posts 22268
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 10:06 AM

Hi Jacob - and welcome to the forums

A similar seeming problem was reported recently at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/64993/454750.aspx#454750 (in this case it was on Logos 5)

The recommendation then was to enter the command "rebuild index"

I suggest you try that - please know this will take some time

Graham 

Posts 8132
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 10:49 AM

If the Indexer crashes before you can enter that command, you can also try deleting this folder (which will force it to reindex from scratch):

C:\Users\Jacob\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\2pqkovtb.r3k\LibraryIndex

Posts 39
Scott K | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 10:59 AM

This may not be your problem, but awhile back I was having annoying and persistent indexing woes with both Logos 4 and Lightroom (another database heavy application).  When I ran a diagnostic check on my hard drive (using a built-in utility from Dell on my laptop), the results showed that my hard drive was beginning to fail. 

When I reported the hard drive diagnostic codes to my Dell technician, he was amazed it was still working (in Dell's mind, it had already definitely failed), and I was sent a replacement drive. Once I replaced the drive, my problems ceased.

Hope you find the problem soon.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS